The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 30, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1
wuluf

First .45ACP Handloads

Hello all and a big thank you for all I've learned lurking here. I began reloading two years ago for .38 and .44 Specials. I felt confident enough with my processes to step up to semi auto hand loading for my 3" Kimber. She has historically been finicky, ultimately proving 100% reliable on Blazer aluminum ammo. So I bought a cheap digital caliper from Harbor Freight and set out to duplicate as close as possible the Blazer OAL and crimp. Today I shot the first 15 loads and Huzzah!! all fired, no failures of any kind and even a decent group. Now i can begin loading in quantity. Thanks for all the assembled knowledge, this is a fabulous resource for us newbies...
Old September 30, 2012, 01:47 PM   #2
tkglazie

Great to hear. It is a good feeling to see positives results with your first set of reloads in a new caliber. I am sure you will find many other uses for the calipers now that you have them, too.
Old September 30, 2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Misssissippi Dave

It is always good when a new load works right from the beginning.
Old September 30, 2012, 05:08 PM   #4
sidewindr

Now the real fun begin, trying to find a load the shoots even better, then another,and another. Maybe thats just me.