The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 4, 2012, 11:01 AM   #26
coldbeer

He did you a favor Coonan is a mickey mouse establishment whose products and customer support are junk so you're better off buying from a more reputable company.
Old July 4, 2012, 12:43 PM   #27
TennJed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook686 View Post
It seems to me folks over analyze everything that can be. I really like a .357 magnum pistol. My Desert Eagle is just fine for my purpose. I think I would like the Coonan also. Don't sweat the small stuff. I suspect the reconsideration had nothing to do with the VP's attitude, maybe just forms the basis of a change in mind about buying the Coonan.
I do not consider it sweating the small stuff. It would be an obvious nightmare if you had to deal with their customer service department. When I buy a gun I know it is a machine and could have problems or issues. I want to know if that happens I can expect good service from the company.

If I had enough money to just toss a gun in the garbage if their was a problem then I might consider them. Unfortunately I have to be aware if where I spend my money
Old July 4, 2012, 02:15 PM   #28
1911mag

Cynthia,

I owe you a sincere apology and hope you can accept it. I chose my words poorly and hope you can forgive me. I did not intend to offend. I was trying to be funny and it did not come across correctly.

Dave Neville
VP Coonan Inc.
Old July 4, 2012, 03:46 PM   #29
larryh1108

Dave, I for one have mixed emotions on your apology. Are the emails we saw the norm or was it a bad day at the office? Is the apology damage control or from the heart? I also was considering your pistol and am now worried about the CS there. Like others have said, if that is the norm before you buy, what is the norm after you buy? Your emails truly showed no desire to sell another gun because you already have a pipeline full of orders, humor or not. Just one man's curiosity here.
Old July 4, 2012, 04:12 PM   #30
SatCong

Dave,

I'm afraid you cannot un-ring the bell.
I have two shooter co-workers who have referenced Coonan as probable next purchases. They value a good product, but they value, equally, customer service and the manufacturer's attitude towards it's customers, who, after-all, provide your salary and fund your production.
I will be all-too-happy to enlighten them with direction to this thread, and the apparent true nature of Coonan.

Mike
Old July 5, 2012, 12:14 AM   #31
TX_QtPi

You know I saw this earlier, and I too had mixed emotions about your apology.
While I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt, your response to me EVEN AFTER I expressed,in my e-mail, not being interested in your product because of your presentation of your self and your company, was rather flippant and apathetic.

Quote:

RE: RE: RE: contact page?
From Dave Neville

TO: 'Cynthia Mendez'
Monday, July 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Sounds good. Two tone is $299.99

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

____ Received today in my e-mail after post was made on the forum____

RE: RE: RE: contact page
FROM Dave Neville
TO: 'Cynthia Mendez'

CC:'Dan Coonan'
Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:50 PM

Cynthia,

I owe you an apology, I am sorry I offended you. I feel bad I did not respond with better words. I tried to be funny and it did not come across as funny.

Again I hope you can accept my humble apology. We at Coonan strongly support women in shooting.

Sincerely,

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

Two things I noted in this, and if people want to say I am being skeptical or knit picking so be it.
#1 The excuse of your comments being intended to be whimsical had been made prior and was quite easy to adapt.
#2 I noticed Mr Dan Coonan was CC on this last communication. A thing not done prior to this.
I am not going to take it further or make a big fuss but I just wanted to point those out so you understand my decision.

While I do accept your apology for your behavior, I do not excuse it.
I do wish you the best in your career, and hope this was an isolated misunderstanding, however, I will NOT be buying your product.

My Sincere Thanks, Cynthia.
Old July 5, 2012, 11:17 AM   #32
1911mag

My dog was hit by a truck and I watched her do the death crawl to the side of the road. After a couple days of vets and hospitals and no sleep we brought her home. After making her comfortable I ran into the office to respond to customer requests. I responded to this request for a very eloquent combination of finishes. ( We will have a sample of this at NRA)

We all read how horrible I handled that exchange.

This is not an excuse but merely some insight as to the state of exhaustion I was experiencing. To those customers that think this is normal or what they can expect, please be assured I hope it would not repeat itself.

Thank you for accepting my apology, as you can imagine this was the worst 4th of July ever for me.

Dave Neville

PS. Scout is doing better everyday and expected her to make a full recovery. It breaks my heart every time she coughs though. The vet said that will improve.
Old July 5, 2012, 12:04 PM   #33
TX_QtPi

At this point it is a moot issue. Whether it was your attempt to be humorous or a reaction to being traumatized over the incident with Scout, I'm still dissatisfied with the customer service provided.

I'm not insensitive to you circumstance, I myself have two four legged furry kids of my own and have experienced my sense of humor being misunderstood.

My decision is based on the fact that my request was not for a "very eloquent combination of finishes" as you have stated. My request is clearly stated in my initial e-mail. Put simply it was nothing more than having the lower of the pistol in black duracoat while the other components that would normally be assembled separately onto the lower remain in the original factory finish.

Also, your responses to me don't seem isolated or a one time issue. One misunderstood response is possible, fact is you were given a few chances to clarify your intent and to earn a sale.

Lastly it's made more obvious by your elaborate response and a public forum while sending an incredibly simplified response via e-mail.
Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:19 AM

Thank you.

David Neville
VP
Coonan Inc.
2033 105th Ave N.E.
Blaine, MN 55449

There are no hard feelings, and no animosity for you or your company. I simply choose not to spend $1,500 on a purchase that I am now unsure of and that has been such an issue before even being made.

As said Prior, I wish you luck and hope for a speedy recovery for Scout.
Old July 5, 2012, 12:33 PM   #34
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Since this has become a direct interaction between the two parties, I have moved it to retail deals and feedback.

Any one posting in this thread beyond this point should be VERY aware of the feedback forum rules.
Old October 11, 2014, 11:40 AM   #35
Woodslab

I know this post is a little late, but the person answering the email is not the quality machinist making your firearm.

Once you get this gun in your hands you will forget all about the troubles trying to get one.

When you get it, load it with hot 357 rounds, aim, and sqeeze.
Old October 11, 2014, 08:10 PM   #36
skizzums

I know this is an old thread, I missed it first time around and someone bumped it up. that's pretty ridiculous. It'll be a long time before I can spend 1600$ on a gun so it doesn't really pertain to me anyways, but that is seriously messed up. I would flip if I was treated like that at all, but would go postal is that's how they treated me AFTER I bought their product. I hope more people see this. I don't really are what happened to someone's dog when we are talking about nearly 2 grand after all is said and done, keep your personal life at home, it's called being professional. you don't get to pick and choose when treating people with respect is convenient for you. did you go off on everyone that emailed you questions that day, or just her?
Old October 11, 2014, 08:28 PM   #37
1stmar

I would not send that company any of my money. They selling that many of those? I didn't even know they were still in business. I don't know anyone with one. There are way better company's worth supporting. Guy should be fired.
Old October 12, 2014, 02:28 PM   #38
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
I hope more people see this
And I hoped members would have read the clear warning in red in post #34.

The OP hasn't been back since '12 and the matter appears to be resolved.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread