The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 16, 2017, 09:23 PM   #51
ed308

Gilfo, glad you were able to sell your collection. I first saw your sales post on the FGF. I didn't know what to say, so I remained silent. I hope I'm as brave as you when faced with the same situation. I'll keep you in my prayers. And yes, I look forward to meeting you in person one day.
Old July 16, 2017, 09:56 PM   #52
THEWELSHM

God bless mate and God speed....

Thewelshm
Old July 17, 2017, 03:31 AM   #53
briandg

I can sympathize with your plight. I have two family members who are in close proximity to your situation. There are many thousands dollars worth of firearms at stake that are going to be a legal nightmare.

What I would suggest as a simple, painless idea is to find a local store who is sympathetic to your needs, who will sell on commission. You put it in his store, he maintains it in inventory, and you set the price. when it sells he will take a commission, maybe a big one. It costs a lot to run a store, it taes a lot of time to manage an inventory.

Even stores like cabelas will buy guns worth reselling in a market like they have.
Old July 17, 2017, 04:14 PM   #54
rebs

Gilfo our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old July 17, 2017, 06:23 PM   #55
Phoenix54c

I am sorry, Gilfo. I am wishing you and your family the best.
Old July 17, 2017, 07:13 PM   #56
stephen426

So sorry to hear about your illness Gilfo. Glad to hear that you were able to offload most of your collection at a fair price. Praying for you and your family. May God give you and your family strength and comfort.
Old October 12, 2017, 12:34 PM   #57
RustyHammer

Prayers outbound!

Last edited by RustyHammer; October 12, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old October 12, 2017, 02:52 PM   #58
Ghost1958

You are in my prayers.

My father had terminal cancer of the bone and kidney at 53 .

He took no treatments or meds.
He died in his 80s cancer free.
It ain't over till its over.
If you would pm me I may know a person who would buy several of your collection for a fair price.
Old October 12, 2017, 07:07 PM   #59
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
If you have any that are designated for family members, list then in your will. Hopefully, this would eliminate and family disputes and they can get ugly.
From my experience as a trustee, I recommend you give them away before your death, especially if the trustee is a family member. Putting them in the middle of disputes when they have very little leeway under the law is a bad situation.

FTF local is the only way to get highest cash. It takes a lot of time and energy though.
Old October 12, 2017, 07:19 PM   #60
Evan Thomas

The OP successfully sold his collection. There's no need to revive this with further advice to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo
To all my friends on Firing Line. Most of my collection has been sold at fair prices for both parties. I only have 3 rifles to sell and that will be completed. I also was holding back a few additional guns that are near and dear to my heart. I couldn't bare to see them sold.. I have a good friend that will handle that for me.

So again I want to take this time to thank you all for your help and suggestions.