The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 26, 2005, 06:28 PM   #1
Talon66

Ammo Question?

.40 S&W 165 Grn Winchester SXT, 180 Grn Winchester SXT or 165 Grn Remington Golden Saber? Which would be the better choice for a defensive load/daily carry and why? Barrel length is 4.25".
Old September 26, 2005, 07:54 PM   #2
BobK

Don't have any experience with 40 cal in either SXT or Golden Saber. Either would be fine. See which feeds the best is the most acccurate in your gun. I sometimes carry Golden Saber in 9mm and it works fine. Have also carried the SXT in my Kimber without any problems also.
Old September 27, 2005, 06:58 PM   #3
gddyup

Shoot them all in your HD weapon and then decide. One may feel better and/or shoot better in your primary HD weapon and that's the one you want to consider. The same load may shoot or feel differently to different people fired from the same weapon.

Best thing to do is to try them all out and then make an informed decision. It costs a little bit to find out, but it's cheaper than your life...

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement" - Unknown.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein