The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 12, 2012, 12:56 AM   #1
locnload

Marksmanship Matters Training School.

Has anyone trained with "Marksmanship Matters in Saratoga Springs, Utah? Looks like a fairly new school with a little different approach. The husband and wife team that run it have impressive resumes, its seems fairly affordable, and within about an 8 hour drive from home. Also seems to be in an area that may be a pleasant place for a few day RV trip. Any input on any of my assumptions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Scotty45

Yes! Of course Larry Mudgett has a good résumé. He was a close friend a confidant of Jeff Cooper's for many years, served in Vietnam, rewrote the LAPD SWAT training manual and has trained (still trains many elite special ops groups), and Gunsite's given.

I've taken several classes and love working with him. I don't believe you'll find a cent wasted with Larry and Stacey. Give him a call if you'd like to talk to him sometime. Google him if you like, too.

Scott

PM me if you want to talk more offline

"Often the surest way to convey misinformation is to tell the strict truth." -- Mark Twain
Old December 31, 2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Dave Williams

I''ve taken two classes with Larry. Money well spent, some of the best training I''ve had.

Dave Williams
Old January 1, 2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Mas Ayoob

Larry Mudgett is a VERY sharp guy. Take his training. You won't be sorry.
Old January 10, 2013, 07:09 PM   #5
locnload

Thanks for the comments guys. Larry is just coming out with his 2013 schedule and it looks like he has five day classes in March and April. I'm getting things worked out with the work vacation schedule and hope to head out there in April.