The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 10, 2011, 01:51 AM   #1
RdKill

Fabarm FP6

I bought this baby used with the original case some time ago. I keep reading that it has screw in interchangeable chokes but the threads are on the outside and what is screwed on there is the keeper for the heat shield. I have seen some chokes for it on sale but I'm wondering if there are other model variations and mine isn't meant for these screw on chokes? I can't find a decent photo of the chokes to see how they are threaded. The only possible way I can imagine a choke screwed onto an outside threaded barrel could work would be if the choke was made like a muzzle brake of sorts? Anyone here have an FP6?

I'm also considering a Choate tube extension..but I've read one account where the heat shield cap/keeper/whatever it's called gets in the way of the swivel stud and negates the use of a sling? Not sure I can live with that. Is this true or did someone not screw something in tight enough?
Old February 10, 2011, 02:27 AM   #2
TheKlawMan

Per this guy the choke is external. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=132557

I don't know if it is the same as this but to see a diagram of the choke form Fabarm go to http://www.fabarm.com/en/law-enforce...rs-manuals.htm

Last edited by TheKlawMan; February 10, 2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old February 10, 2011, 03:59 PM   #3
RdKill

Thanks That explains how some of them are ported I guess. I'll make an order and give one a try.
Old February 11, 2011, 05:13 PM   #4
jaymce

Looks like a few of the parts have been changed out already. (hand guard does not look stock)

If you need parts the guy you want to talk to is Stefan F. at The Shooters Edge in Canada. His e-mail is [email protected]

Great guy and easy to deal with.

CDNN also had some longer barrels and chokes. I picked up a 28 (I think) barrel with internal chokes for short $.

The choate extended tube will work I am not sure how that effects 922 if at all. There is also an accessory sling mount that goes between the cap and forward barrel lug if you want to run a sling. I believe there is also a guy making a sling point sling mount that goes between the stock and receiver. A quick search should pull his info up.

There is a muzzle brake for the FP6 that screws on. They are great guns and I have been very happy with mine.
Old February 12, 2011, 11:55 AM   #5
RdKill

It's all stock. They made a few different looking variants of the same model. Sweet shotgun...love the action-smoothest pump I've ever picked up, and that tribore chrome lined barrel...Nicely done.