The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 26, 2010, 09:07 AM   #26
tet4

I would think letting a dog off leash to attack someone is a very, very bad idea, unless they had a gun on you. If they are out of reach of your dog on leash, then they aren't an immediate threat (unless gun, etc). Plus, dogs generally make for poor attack weapons unless they are trained professionally. Great alarms and deterrents, but I wouldn't bet my life on an attack dog. If she is getting stalked, she should carry a gun. After all, the guy will just wait until the dog isn't there, and then make his move.
Old March 26, 2010, 04:27 PM   #27
MTT TL

We have not seen crazy stalker dude in about a month so we think/ hope he moved on.

We figure if the dog had bit the man in question there would have been no legal backlash since he was no longer authorized to be on the grounds, and we had reported the issue with him previously. So he would be trespassing and possibly stalking.

The dog is a sweetheart. Just don't mess with his momma. He could become uncontrollable and that would be very bad if he were mad at you.