The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 25, 2010, 11:18 AM   #26
sholling

I learned a long time ago to always deal with them by phone. They often rely on drop shipments and if their supplier is out of stock that fact won't show up on their site. However if you call first they can check the vendor's inventory.
Old February 1, 2010, 09:33 AM   #27
Steve_in_SEMich

I've stopped doing business with Optics Planet - I ordered some items (online) in November, rec'd an email notifying me that a couple of the items were on back-order. I responded to their email asking them to cancel the order on 11/28/09 - these were gifts that I needed to send to a couple of buddies that are serving our country in Iraq and wanted to make sure they arrived BEFORE Christmas. A few weeks later I rec'd a notification about a shipment - items arrived that were on the order I cancelled. Of course they charged my credit card. A few weeks later, same thing. Early January, shipped 2 more items. Early last week, another notification - I emailed them again and insisted they stop shipping any items on the order I cancelled and included a copy of my 11/28/09 email again. I also requested they pickup the items they shipped without my permission and issue a refund for any item shipped after my 11/28/09 cancellation email. Of course, I haven't heard back from them. My previous experiences with OP was fine, but this order (my last) has been mishandled from the day I placed the order.

Last edited by Steve_in_SEMich; February 1, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: seemed to be the right thing to do......
Old February 1, 2010, 02:52 PM   #28
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Of course, I haven't heard back from them and the packages that have been sitting on my porch for 3, 6, & 8 weeks are still there.
You do know that they're not going to come and get those packages.... right?

You'd have to take them back to UPS (or whoever) and refuse delivery. You likely only have so long to do that, and I'm sure that it's not WEEKS. You also only have so long to protest the charges on your credit cards, so you'd better stop messing around with fruitless emails to a company that provided what they charged you for, and get it done right.
Old February 5, 2010, 08:54 PM   #29
wey97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_in_SEMich
I've stopped doing business with Optics Planet - I ordered some items (online) in November, rec'd an email notifying me that a couple of the items were on back-order. I responded to their email asking them to cancel the order on 11/28/09 - these were gifts that I needed to send to a couple of buddies that are serving our country in Iraq and wanted to make sure they arrived BEFORE Christmas. A few weeks later I rec'd a notification about a shipment - items arrived that were on the order I cancelled. Of course they charged my credit card. A few weeks later, same thing. Early January, shipped 2 more items. Early last week, another notification - I emailed them again and insisted they stop shipping any items on the order I cancelled and included a copy of my 11/28/09 email again. I also requested they pickup the items they shipped without my permission and issue a refund for any item shipped after my 11/28/09 cancellation email. Of course, I haven't heard back from them. My previous experiences with OP was fine, but this order (my last) has been mishandled from the day I placed the order.
No offense but I would've handled this a better way. I would've been suspicious when I didn't receive a confirmation email that my order was canceled. I would've called to follow up a couple of days later. I would've gotten the person's dept., name, and ext. I spoke to and asked them to send confirmation.

If I still got charged, I would've canceled the card and called my card company to dispute the charges...immediately. Then I'd only have one charge to dispute and not 3 or 4...and not get stuck with any of them because I waited too long.

Reporting them to the Better Business Bureau may help but I doubt it.

I'm not saying what they did to you was right but you have to be proactive.
Old February 9, 2010, 03:05 AM   #30
addecus

OpticsPlanet

My go to for scopes from now on. Great customer service , best prices on quality goods. I only regret not doing business with them sooner.