The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 10, 2002, 12:07 PM   #1
bsf

Looking for Surefire replacement lamps

I would be appreciative for any information on vendors and pricing for Surefire replacement lamp assemblies. I want to buy some extra 6V lamp assemblies, both the P60 and P61. Prices I have seen range from ~$16 - $20. Does anyone know if Surefire manufactures there own lamp assemblies? I have noticed that xenon lamp assemblies used in both Surefire and Pelican flashlights have a code on the outside of the reflector that appears to be very similar with respect to font, color, and ink or paint. I am wondering if there is a manufacturer out there that produces lamp assemblies for numerous flashlight companies. Has anyone tried disassembling a lamp and replacing the bulb? Thank you for any information
Old September 10, 2002, 04:41 PM   #2
justinh

You can buy them directly from Surefire here:
http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main...254&sesent=0,0
Old September 10, 2002, 05:21 PM   #3
nascarnhlnra

I buy all my surefire stuff from LPS Tactical they have better prices than the surefire site and they offer FREE shipping. Not to mention they support my favorite mag. www.lagger-pro.com
Old September 19, 2002, 05:58 PM   #4
eap

both links will get you to LPS. i too shop there too and shipping is not free! it's factored in the price so if you buy multiple items you're getting screwed.
Old September 20, 2002, 10:27 AM   #5
bsf

I have found some companies online that sell a variety of xenon lamps. I have a spare lamp assembly. After my first lamp assembly burns out, I think I will order some lamps and try to replace the lamp only. With some patience and ingenuity, I think this is a viable, low cost solution. Thank you for your responses.