The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

View Poll Results: Most Economic SAA?
Navy Arms 4 5.56%
Cimarron 8 11.11%
Taurus Gaucho 7 9.72%
Uberti 32 44.44%
Beretta 5 6.94%
Ruger's New Vaquero 19 26.39%
EMF 2 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8, 2008, 02:40 PM   #26
Guardian Angel Mors

EMF

I do own 5 Pietta SAAs ( the ones marketed in USA by EMF ) and I am very happy of all them. All are in .45 and I usually use the 5 1/2" bbl pair for CAS. The 7 1/2" pair is waiting to be hand engraved.
I had che chanche to handle also Uberti's Cattlemans and Stampede and I foud them good.
Handled also a Gaucho but had not good impressions.
An original Colt built around early 60es has been the comparision item I ever had: a friend of mine is selling it and let me see and handle it...
SASS L #71985 RO II
Old November 8, 2008, 06:19 PM   #27
zippy13

Several years back, EMF had a sale on their ASM "Hartford Bisley Model" that I couldn't resist. It's reasonable in finish and function with a smooth clean breaking trigger. More than I expected for the price. However, it has a 0.023-inch cylinder gap -- perhaps the reason it was deeply discounted.
Old November 10, 2008, 06:11 PM   #28
krsmart

i have an american arms saa in .44 mag....has the firing pin hammer and the half cock setup to load and eject shells...case colored and blued with nice factory walnut grips....a beautiful piece and shoots very nicely for $200...wether you will ever find another deal like that these days is the bigger question...if you do jump all over it though