The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 10, 2007, 04:50 PM   #1
ctjoe

Gunbroker ?

I must be missing something. I look at this website and am amazed at how some people price pistols. NO RESERVE, but minimum bid is avg retail price. Whats the difference of not having a reserve then. CMON people, bidders arent ignorant
Old November 10, 2007, 06:56 PM   #2
BlkHawk73

It's all about playing the concumer. Happens all the time. Those that aren't aware will think they'r getting a good deal. those that do know, will pass. Unless it's a out-of-production model, chances are your local dealer can get the gun one would be looking for thus eliminating an extra mark-up in there. Buy from a online dealer you pay his cost, markup and shipping top your dealer where you now pay a transfer fee. Buy from yuor dealer and you eliminate that midle man. Also keep the $ local.
I've bought a few guns through GunBroker and all went smoothly. If it's something current I go through my dealer.
Old November 10, 2007, 09:42 PM   #3
lee40215

Gunbrokers an excellant place to buy guns. If you have patience there are super deals on there. Look for sellers that have good feedback and check their shipping prices so as not to get burned. On the reserves a lot of people will pass on guns with reserves without knowing what the reserve is or asking. The guns starting at a $1 no reserve usually run longer to get more bidding but those are also where you can catch buys. Got a new sig 2022 from a dealer in Cal. on one of those no reserve for $325