The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 19, 2001, 06:34 AM   #1
PreserveFreedom

Safety Forum?

I know that we pretty much have a forum for everything, and we do have a safety section, but has a safety forum ever been considered? I think it would be a good idea for several reasons.

1) I just spent ten minutes replying to a thread where a member kept insisting that you need an external safety on any pistol whenyou have a child! Come on now...I hope that anyone reading this knows better. The real safety is in education and keeping control of your firearms. It's just a shame that the only members to read my rant will be the ones reviewing an already two page long thread.

2) We have many lurkers that never join. They may join and take a larger interest in firearms if they see that safety and proper handling is a major concern of ours.

3) Many of our members might not be 100% sure if something is safe or not. Why not have an area where these genuine questions can be asked?

I am sure there are many more benefits, but I just pulled those three off the top of my head. The hardest part of it is that it would have to remain serious. No jokes or arguments would have any place there. Just something to consider anyway. I'll support whatever decision y'all make.

Old August 19, 2001, 06:56 AM   #2
Jorah Lavin

I'd visit such a forum

I'm interested in the whole idea of safety... everything from keeping the muzzle of your rifle or handgun pointed in the right direction, to keeping your reloading bench organized (better go clean that area up today...)

Safety at the range is particularly an interest, since I see even "old timers" miss-handling guns all the time...

-J.