The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 19, 2018, 02:16 AM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Tavor TS12 Shotguns

A 15+1 round semi-auto 12ga bullpup with 3” chamber and overall 28.5” length. Ambidextrous feed and ejection as well.

They manage to cram 15 rounds in with a unique rotary magazine of three 5-round tubes. So instead of a select slug drill, you just flip a lever and rotate the next tube into place.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...llpup-shotgun/

MSRP is $1400.
Old January 19, 2018, 04:22 AM   #2
armoredman

Gah.
Old January 21, 2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Kvon2

The trigger guard looks like a gas pump
Old January 21, 2018, 12:28 PM   #4
muzzleblast...

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen these before. There may be something to be said for a 12 ga. semi-auto bullpup. But, it certainly isn't a visually attractive firearm.
Old January 21, 2018, 06:36 PM   #5
Model12Win

So it's an SRM 1216 but in a bullpup format... yawn!

What someone needs to do is make a bullpup semi-auto shotgun fed by 15 round magazines, but with a shotgun shell the same dimensions as a standard 12 gauge round but rimless, maybe with the whole case made of aluminium or something. That way they could be used with double-stacked mags.
Old January 26, 2018, 01:58 AM   #6
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model12Win View Post
So it's an SRM 1216 but in a bullpup format... yawn!

What someone needs to do is make a bullpup semi-auto shotgun fed by 15 round magazines, but with a shotgun shell the same dimensions as a standard 12 gauge round but rimless, maybe with the whole case made of aluminium or something. That way they could be used with double-stacked mags.
Make a gun that uses proprietary ammunition? That's the next Dardick Tround waiting to happen.

I like this a little be but because it's an SRM 1216 made by a premier firearms manufacturer and for half the price.
Old January 26, 2018, 02:14 AM   #7
TruthTellers

The question for this becomes: do you buy this or the Kel Tec KSG? Both hold 15 rounds, both are bullpup's, but one is semi auto, the other is a pump. I think we all can agree that there's less that can go wrong during shooting with a pump vs a semi-auto, but when a semi auto shotgun works, it works.

Idk, I'm gonna wait it out and see how the TS12 is received. I will say that I do like, quite a lot, that reloading the tubes can be done while the gun is shouldered and it's right in front of you, unlike the KSG where the reloading is clunky and near your armpit.

The videos from SHOT I've seen the TS12 is shooting birdshot fine, but I wonder if that demo model was made specifically to be used at SHOT and to run with birdshot.

Not that it's a shotgun I'm going to be using to shoot birdshot a lot in, but when it's all you have or it's what you want to shoot the gun needs to run smooth with it. I doubt that this will work with Aguila Minishells or even low recoil 2-1/4" shells. Time will tell on that. If it does work with Aguila mini's, hey, 24 round semi auto shotgun is pretty cool.

I do not like the size and bulk of it at all.
Old January 26, 2018, 04:07 AM   #8
Model12Win

Every shot show a new wacky shotgun comes out and they never seem to have much staying power... maybe this Hebrew weapon will change that?
Old January 26, 2018, 01:35 PM   #9
Bartholomew Roberts

It would be a cold day indeed before I chose Keltec over IWI.
Old January 26, 2018, 03:06 PM   #10
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
It would be a cold day indeed before I chose Keltec over IWI.
I have yet to see an Israeli gun not live up to the reputation, but semi auto shotguns can be funny sometimes.

Actually, even pump shotguns can run funny sometimes, but an autoloading shotgun is always going to be more susceptible.

I'll wait and see how production models are received before I say it's better than a KSG, but as of this minute, I'm of the opinion the materials and workmanship will be better with this than the KSG.
Old January 27, 2018, 03:24 AM   #11
armoredman

Might look better painted black and white with an Imperial logo on it...
Old January 27, 2018, 06:53 AM   #12
kozak6

Seems kinda silly.

I'm not convinced it's worth two or three (or four) Ithacas or Remmies.