The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 6, 2017, 11:33 AM   #1
rjinga

Rothco Hw Canvas Classic Messenger Bag

I was looking for a bag to use (mostly) as a range bag when shooting my PTR 91 GI Classic. With that in mind, the main thing I was looking for was a bag with pockets that could hold four surplus G3 magazines. Mission accomplished! Turns out, I could carry 10 magazines in the outer pockets if I wanted to.

The bag has a main compartment (H 12" x W 14" x D 5") with a small zipper bag (H 6.5" x W 7.5" x D 1.5") attached.

There are two pockets (H 8" x W 7" x D 2") on the front of the bag. These were the pockets that I was hoping would be able to hold two magazines each. Turns out I can put three mags in each if I want to.

And then there is a snap pocket (H 8" x W 6" x D 2") on each end of the bag. These pockets can easily hold a regular water bottle,

or two more magazines (and still snap shut).

If interested, here's the link were I purchased the bag (with more details and answered questions): https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Canvas.../dp/B018MSYEU8

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old April 6, 2017, 11:34 AM   #2
rjinga

Cont.

I think the bag looks good with the rifle, and we all know how important it is to accessorize.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old April 6, 2017, 12:33 PM   #3
rjinga

This appears to be the actual color (at least to my eyes, right now, on my computer screen, under the current lighting condition).

Old April 6, 2017, 06:55 PM   #4
rjinga

Got everything organized and packed (4 - 20 round mags; 12-pocket folder with 8.5x11", 11x17", and 17x22" targets; pouch with scissors, tape, push-pins, note-pad, pen; earplugs; GORP pass; binoculars; gloves; rag; 2 - water bottles) with plenty of room to spare, for a trip to the range tomorrow.

Old April 9, 2017, 12:33 AM   #5
bamaranger

okay

Yeah, something about bags, satchels, packs.....

Your new accessory seems very practical.