The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 29, 2013, 07:26 PM   #26
Toolman

I would avoid caffine before a trip to the range. All guns are different. Ammo is different.
Experiment with different brands of ammo when they become available to see what your gun likes.
You might consider buying a copy of Successful Shooting by Bill Pullum & Frank Hanenkrat. I've had that book for years & it's still a go-to reference for me when I get off track.
Old May 1, 2013, 09:24 AM   #27
sidewindr

My MKII with dot scope @35yrds and Winchester Super X ammo has put 10rnds into a quart oil bottle top in a rest. They are extremely accurate guns. Try different grips also.
Old May 1, 2013, 09:32 AM   #28
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman
I would avoid caffine before a trip to the range.
I'd recommend sticking to your normal routine, whatever it might be. If you're a coffee drinker, avoid caffeine beyond your normal dose, but otherwise drink what you normally do. I'm a coffee drinker myself, and didn't find it necessary to avoid it when I made the little clip below. Much more important is your mindset. Again, if it's not in balance with the rest of your game, work on your mental game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmy5mkjpUNI
Old May 1, 2013, 10:17 AM   #29
BillCnKC

MrBorland--

Incredible control! I had heard of that being done, but had never seen it until now.

--Bill