The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old March 11, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1
CorruptedGunz

Please help

Ok so I live in Florida and I'm 18 when I was 14 years old I got a charge for possesion of marijuana I was tried in juvinile court and got probation that charge is now expunged when I was 16 I was charge with dischargeing an distructive device I was tried in a juvilnile court and was giving probation again and my records are now sealed and I was ajudicated a delinquent for both charges I was advised by my lawyer that I am not cosiderd a covicted felon and was never convicted of a felony I went to try and purchase my first shot gun on saterday and got a non approval and a non approval form which I sent to the fdle today can anyone tell me am I goin to be approved or denied or what? And also I can still vote I voted this past election with no problems I did forget to put my SSN on the 4473 form can someone help me figure this out and strightin these things out so I can uderstand why these things are happening
Old March 11, 2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Willie Sutton

Call a lawyer in Florida and pay him for his advice.

Do not put your life story onto the internet, and then follow the advice that people will throw at you. Most of them (meaing "us", myserlf included) don't know jack about the specifics of the law there, nor about your circumstances, and if anyone does, they are a lawyer and will be way too smart to answer it here.

Willie

Old March 11, 2013, 11:59 AM   #3
CorruptedGunz

I have Been in contact my lawyer and he said that I was perfectly fine to purchase a weapon yet when I tried I got a non approval
Old March 11, 2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Frank Ettin
Staff

It is not a good idea to discuss real life, personal legal matters with strangers in public.

The OP needs the help of a qualified lawyer. We're not going to have all the information we'd need, and what goes on here is not private.

Closed.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread

Tags
approval , denial , fdle , gun , pleasehelp