The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 17, 2010, 04:40 PM   #1
HisSoldier

Maxim .25 related to Galesi?

I have a Galesi .25 in new condition, the 'Maxim' pistol in the video below shares many characteristics with the Galesi, the weird way it breaks down for instance, the way the serrations are cut, and of course the county of origin. I've tried to find other info on the Maxim but haven't been able to. Did Galesi-Brescia make these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ym2...video_response
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.

Last edited by HisSoldier; February 17, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old February 17, 2010, 05:17 PM   #2
RJay

Maxim was a " Trade Name or Store Brand Name" used by the defunct Hy Hunter Co. The gun was manufactured by Rigarmi, who happens to be the son of one of the 'Galesi brothers'. So yes, there might be a family resemblance
Old February 17, 2010, 06:45 PM   #3
HisSoldier

Yes, I just found one on GA. Looks like the one in Youtube.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=146691743
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old February 17, 2010, 07:32 PM   #4
HisSoldier

Yeah, I get on a roll and it's hard to stop. Researching these little guns I found a forum thread that said that the Rino Galesi guns are not as high quality as the Armi Galesi. One thing I've learned over and over again is to take estimates of quality with a grain of salt, but many grains makes a shaker full. Has anyone else heard this? The little Armi Galesi I have is beautifully made. The sights are dismally insignificant, a trough with tiny dimple up front and microscopic groove at the back.
Old February 17, 2010, 10:40 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

Years ago I worked in a gun store that sold both. The guns are close to identical the way they are made. We didn't know about the family connection and just assumed the Rigarmi was a cheapened version of the Galesi to compete with the other cheap brands on the market.

Jim