The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old March 14, 2007, 07:06 AM   #1
FM12

EBAY & feedback

One of my gripes about ebay is the feedback ssytem...say I buy a $20.00 item with "Buy It Now" and pay immediately. The stuff gets here and it is crap...I leave negative feedback (after trying to settle the problem, of course) and then the seller gives me negative feedback in return, to even the feedback score. I've done nothing wrong by paying quickly, but can get negative feedback from an unethical seller.
Old March 14, 2007, 08:16 AM   #2
Musketeer

If that seller is really a tool he will accumulate more negative feedback. You on the other hand, if you deal fairly, will not.

Having a negative feedback or two is not a real problem. Add a comment and people can see based on your other feedback that you are honest. Having a butt load of negatives is a problem though.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old March 14, 2007, 08:27 AM   #3
autoloader

That's just another loop hole for the bad guys !

Last edited by autoloader; March 14, 2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old March 14, 2007, 10:01 AM   #4
ShipWreck

Yea, that is a potential problem. I have 1 neg feedback - some guy won an acution and then NEVER paid me. Ever. Then, he had the nerve to leave neg feedback on me. I posted a response (NOW they let U do that - used to not be able to) - but it is irritating.

I NEVER leave feedback until the other guy does now - And, some people just never leave feedback period. I routinely have to remind people.

I know I should leave feedback once my 1/2 is done - but after that experience, that is how I deal with it.
Old March 14, 2007, 10:48 AM   #5
stanger04

i have seen that a lot but let me ask this, did you ask the seller to leave you feedback cause that would def. get you a neg. Most sellers don't pay much attention to a neg on a buyer unless it says they don't pay. Best thing you can do is try to get a mutual withdraw.
If its a bad exp. for me not a horrible one I usually leave neutral feedback. If you did try to fix the problem and work it out with the seller then this happened contact ebay but mind you it better be that the seller was being malicious or they will have a problem for you. Also did you read the sellers feedback before you bought?
Old March 14, 2007, 11:15 AM   #6
mtnbkr

As a seller, I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment. As a buyer, I leave feedback as soon as I receive the item and the deal is closed to my satisfaction. If the item is less than expected, I try to resolve the issues prior to leaving feedback. I've only left two negs, one for a buyer who bought the item and then found out I don't accept Paypal (this was for a low priced item and he still didn't want to use check or Postal MO) and another was when I paid, but the guy didn't ship for several weeks (even after several messages). I left a neg and then he shipped. I have yet to receive a neg myself.

The last time I came close to leaving a negative feedback was for an amateur radio antenna. The antenna had been modified and this wasn't disclosed in the auction. I discussed it with the seller, offered to accept the item for a modest discount, which he agreed to accept. I was able to replace the modified part for what he discounted and we were both happy.

I'm not falling into the "I'll leave feedback when you do" or "retalitory feedback" traps. I leave fair and accurate feedback when the other part has earned it.

Chris
Old March 14, 2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Charshooter

My wife uses eBay for both of us; she has used dispute resolution. You can also contact the seller by phone if you need to confront the seller, this usually helps sole the problem. I think the 90 day waiting idea is a little sneaky and if the other party is very active, they will see the feedback and make it look as if you were the trouble maker. She has managed a perfect record, but I know she has left negative feedback upon a notice to the seller and eBay that if they retaliate they will be admonished by eBay.

If you need any further explanations, I can ask her to explain this better
Old March 14, 2007, 02:28 PM   #8
Logs

I can do one better.

I never received an item from a guy and finally left negative for him his 2nd out of 5 total and then I get a hit. He then closes out his account.

Seems to me if punks like that leaves you negative then it should go away if the account is closed.
Old March 14, 2007, 09:56 PM   #9
JohnKSa
Staff

Off topic--not firearms related.