The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 9, 1999, 10:32 PM   #1
JAMES L.SMITH

I NEED TO KNOW HOW LONG THE HAMMER PLUNGER IS SUPPOSED TO BE? THANKYOU
Old December 10, 1999, 08:23 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

James, I don't have that info nor do I have one in the shop to measure. If you're intending to make one, Gun Parts Corporation www.gunpartscorp.com lists them for $1.15, and Brownells www.brownells.com list them for $1.84. George
Old December 15, 1999, 02:29 PM   #3
TomD

I just put one back togeather and read this. George is right it'd be a ho lot easier to order one. Let me know if you just need the dimension and Ill pull it out measure it for you. If your going to try and make one you'll need more than the length. Let me know
Old January 11, 2000, 08:39 PM   #4
JAMES L.SMITH

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomD:
I just put one back togeather and read this. George is right it'd be a ho lot easier to order one. Let me know if you just need the dimension and Ill pull it out measure it for you. If your going to try and make one you'll need more than the length. Let me know[/quote]

Old January 12, 2000, 02:47 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

Having put both sweat and blood (and maybe some tears) into making parts that could not be obtained, I don't understand why anyone would want to make a part that can be bought for a couple of bucks. Is it the challenge, or do folks not know that parts are available, or they don't know how hard it can be, or is it some American determination to "do it yourself"? Beats the heck out of me.

Jim
Old January 13, 2000, 04:17 PM   #6
JAMES L.SMITH

hey guys i did not want to make the plunger pin.just size the one i bought from Brownells,the new one was way too long.i trimmed the new one a tab tooo much.just wanted to know if anyone had correct measurement.Thanks