The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 18, 1999, 08:14 PM   #1
Monty

Not the kind you load, the kind you read. I went thru today and found I have over 400 old gun magazines (all 90s) that I need to get rid of. How much do you think I should sell these for. About 350 of them are monthly types, G&A, Handguns, Combat Handguns, Shooting Times, etc and about 50 are Annuals and various "Complete Book of...". No NRA publications (American Rifleman and American Guardian), don't figure those are worth much so I'll just trash those. Well, how much should I sell all these for (probably to a reseller) or should I expect to get out of them? Thanks
Old July 19, 1999, 08:43 AM   #2
Nakano

Greetings Monty. I don' t know as to the value of back issue gun publications such as the ones you have available. I' ve not seen a price guide for them either. If you do not make progress in selling them you can always donate them to VA hospitals, local shooting ranges, gun shops, and even waiting lounges at your doctors' office! Just some thoughts. Good luck.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."
Old July 20, 1999, 05:41 PM   #3
Gino

Monty, I don't see them having any real monitary value. However, if you know someone who sells anything at gunshows, ask him to GIVE them away at the next show. It's an attention getter for him and you'll have more space to put the new mags!
Old July 21, 1999, 04:20 PM   #4
sharpsrifle

My wife brought home some gun magazines that were bundled up in 1 year batches. I think she gave $2.00 per bundle. I've seen them in second hand stores for .25 cents each. Hope that helps. Regards, Sharps