The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 20, 2017, 10:10 PM   #1
NateKirk

Good, relatively dry lubes?

I know lube threads can get pretty in depth, but hopefully it wont get too bad. I normally clean/ lube my guns with balistol and it works well, however it seems to attract all kinds of dirt and dust (on my carry guns at least,) and would like to replace it with something less wet.

I've heard good things about Millitec-1, Milcomm, and Froglube.... What say you, internet?

― --Thomas Jefferson
Old January 21, 2017, 03:22 PM   #2
ShootistPRS

The lube you use depends on the job needed. You don't use oil on a slide or a bolt and you don't use grease in the trigger and action.

I use a 50/50 mix of ATF and Kerosene for a light oil in all my guns and for slides and bolt lugs I use a 50/50 mix of my oil and Hilton Hyperlube (like STP motor oil treatment). It takes very little of either product to lube the gun and it doesn't collect dirt or run onto your hands.