The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 7, 2018, 05:17 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Magpul MOE QD Options

I have some Magpul MOE furniture I'm wanting to swap. I'd like to have the option of QD sling attachments, both for the hand guard and the stock, instead of weaving the sling through the slots on the stock. For another build I have an STR stock so wont have to worry bout that one.

Those attachment points can get a bit pricy...I know quality costs, but was looking for an affordable method. When I say quality costs, there is the IWC Mount in slot that goes for dang near 30.00...good piece of kit Im sure but dang...30 bones.

I am probably gonna go with the MAG 528 for the hand guard:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...=magpul+mag528

Question is, could I duplicate this attachment point in one of the slots in the buttstock as well? Would the screws be long enough to secure the back plate? Maybe I could find some longer screws at a hardware store that would also work. IDK...just trying to look for idears!