The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 11, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1
VictoriaWojo

Looking for Utah Conceal class in Atlanta

Hello everyone,
I am looking for someone who teaches the Utah Conceal and Carry class in Atlanta, GA. I have a friend who lives there but travels extensively around the country. He is having trouble finding someone who teaches it. Can anyone recommend a location?
Thank you very much for your time and effort!
Victoria
Old April 11, 2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Corrections Cop

In Utah???
Old April 11, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome to TFL, VictoriaWojo!

You might try looking over our Training Schools List.
Old April 12, 2013, 01:43 PM   #4
southjk

I would imagine it would be very very difficult to find a class in Atlanta, GA that would be certified (right word?) to be able to teach a Utah concealed carry permit class.
Old April 12, 2013, 01:59 PM   #5
VictoriaWojo

Clarification

Hello everyone,

The Utah Conceal Carry class can be taught in any state that has reciprocity with Utah. GA is one of those states that has reciprocity with Utah. Utah has the highest reciprocity in the US and because of that makes it easier to carry in more states across the nation.

My friend lives in GA. I am trying to find someone who does or can teach the class and provide the permit. If there isn't someone who is teaching it, they might want to consider adding it as a class. It could make it a nice marketing niche for anyone looking for more reciprocity with their CCW.

I know of a company in Spokane Washington that teaches the class. They would know more of the regulations that I do. www.sharpshooting.net.

Here is what they have on their web site about the class.

UTAH CONCEALED CARRY

The Utah Concealed Carry Permit is well worth the 4 hour class to cover you for 30+ states. This class is offered a minimum of twice per month and is conducted in a classroom environment. This is NOT a firearms handling course. This course satisfies the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification requirements to submit the application for a Utah Concealed Carry Permit. Subjects covered include safety, Utah Laws, transporting firearms and appropriate interaction with law enforcement. 4 hours, $ 80.00.
Old April 12, 2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Barbicatter

These folks offer one in Birmingham, AL

http://www.alabama-fts.com/
Old April 13, 2013, 01:18 AM   #7
Texshooter

Please forgive

my lack of understanding as regards the Utah permit.

Would you friend already have to own a Ga CCW (to obtain the Utah CFP), or would the Utah FP work in Ga as well as in Utah in and of itself?

I can see, regardless, having the Utah permit would be great to have with all the reciprocity in so many other states.
Old April 13, 2013, 06:25 AM   #8
thedudeabides

Florida has nearly the same reciprocity and is a short drive.

Tags
atlanta , class , conceal carry , utah