The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 19, 2000, 07:34 AM   #1
Ned Roundtree

Well wish us luck. Last year we became the only SASS affiliated club in our state (KY). Today, we meet to discuss putting on a SASS state match this year. You experienced cowboys got a single or multiple words of advise on putting on a state match? Any experience appreciated!!
Old February 20, 2000, 01:29 AM   #2
TOMBERGSTR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ned Roundtree:
a SASS state match this year. You experienced cowboys got a single or multiple words of advise on putting on a state match? Any experience appreciated!![/quote]

First I would highly recommend that you visit matches in your surrounding states and " talk up " your upcoming shindig . Naturally it should be noted in The Cowboy Chronicle " . Not only as ad where people can sign up but a story about how you fellas started and how far you've come . A State match is " big doings " and will kinda put you on the map . I trace my family back to The Wilsons of Bourbon County so I know your match will do us proud . Best of luck .

------------------
TOM SASS MEMBER AMERICAN LEGION MEMBER NRA MEMBER
Old February 20, 2000, 09:30 AM   #3
Joe West

If you get them printed in time, send 500 copies of your sign up sheet to me for inclusion in the Mule Camp 2000 shooter's packet. You can contact me off line for my address if you are interested. We provide that service for any match in our region. Also send me sponsorship information as we will try to send some support. As far as advice goes, I'll try to get you answers if I can to questions about large match management.
Every match has it's own style so don't even try to make yours just like any other. Use the best elements of other matches and your regular matches to design the state match that suits the layout of your range.
Joe West

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joe West (edited February 20, 2000).]
Old February 20, 2000, 11:41 PM   #4
Ned Roundtree

Thanks, Joe West may just take you up on that offer. We had to plan our ANNUAL around Mule Camp. So many of our cowboys and cowgirls go down there for your match. As you are already aware being an SEC state we consider ourselves part of the Southeast.
Old February 22, 2000, 06:41 PM   #5
TOMBERGSTR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ned Roundtree:
As you are already aware being an SEC state we consider ourselves part of the Southeast.[/quote]
Do not . I repeat DO NOT ! take the SEC mentality to the matches . You DO NOT want to try for rebounds at CAS matches .

------------------
TOM SASS MEMBER AMERICAN LEGION MEMBER NRA MEMBER