The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 25, 2020, 09:56 PM   #1
Double K

Hawke scope

I recently ordered a new FX air rifle and decided to try the much lauded by the Brits Hawke Airmax 4x12 scope, I wasn't sure where they were actually made until it came today but it's Chinese.
Hawke is a British company and much like Weaver or other companies they've moved their manufactuerering overseas. Now being a avid airgunner I've had quite a few chinese scopes preferring to shake the innards out of 100-150.00 scopes rather than 500.00+ Leupold scopes as air guns are prone to do.
The FX Dreamline classic is pretty expensive air rifle so it seemed fitting to put a little better scope on it hence the Hawke.
The Airmax came in the mail today and it's totally impressive, super clear, incredibly sharp reticle and it tracks perfectly.
Many of the chinese scopes regardless of branding all look like they came out of the same factory, same turrets, objectives and eyepieces. This scope does not look like any others I've seen.
They're about 270.00 on amazon, check them out.
Old August 26, 2020, 06:10 AM   #2
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K View Post
I recently ordered a new FX air rifle and decided to try the much lauded by the Brits Hawke Airmax 4x12 scope, I wasn't sure where they were actually made until it came today but it's Chinese.
Hawke is a British company and much like Weaver or other companies they've moved their manufactuerering overseas. Now being a avid airgunner I've had quite a few chinese scopes preferring to shake the innards out of 100-150.00 scopes rather than 500.00+ Leupold scopes as air guns are prone to do.
The FX Dreamline classic is pretty expensive air rifle so it seemed fitting to put a little better scope on it hence the Hawke.
The Airmax came in the mail today and it's totally impressive, super clear, incredibly sharp reticle and it tracks perfectly.
Many of the chinese scopes regardless of branding all look like they came out of the same factory, same turrets, objectives and eyepieces. This scope does not look like any others I've seen.
They're about 270.00 on amazon, check them out.
From everything I have heard, they are good scopes.
Old October 10, 2020, 03:42 PM   #3
wabo2190

I've have had great luck with Hawke optics. They also have a lifetime no fault warranty for life so you don't have much to worry about. But yeah, disappointing that they're made in China. I think they used to be made in Japan.

Last edited by wabo2190; October 10, 2020 at 05:47 PM.