The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 3, 1999, 06:41 PM   #1
NEKPHOTON

[ Posted here with the permission of Rich Lucibella.- Thank you Rich. ]

Come early August, we're changing locale a bit, so to aid in cleaning out and moving some product, and to give you all a heckuva nice deal (great for your Y2k emergency packs!), it's about time for a nice ol' SALE.

The following special will run from July 1 until July 31, 1999. Due to other time commitments and the fact that this isn't my full-time job (although the hours seem to match), shipments will be sent out only on Monday's (i.e. July 6 (Holiday closing), 12, 19, 26 and Aug 1) via USPS. Shipping is FREE in the US (foreign orders, please inquire for shipping costs).

On to the sale:
All Photon2 MicroLights® are keyrings but include a free lanyard as well as one change of free lithium batteries:

Color----------------------Sale Price
·White…(incl. 2 CR2016)………………$20
·Blue……(incl. 2 CR2016)………………$20
·Green(…incl. 2 CR2016)………………$20
·Turquoise…(incl. 2 CR2016)……$20
·Yellow…(incl. 1 CR2032)……………$17
·Orange…(incl. 1 CR2032)……………$17
·Red…(incl. 1 CR2032)……………………$17

The Extreme (180°, 360°) line of Krills® are also on sale- just $25 each, rather than the usual $30. However, delivery has been a little dicey of late, now that NASA is testing them, NATO countries are ordering nice numbers as well as the US Military (good stories I can't tell you!)- but they now have a NSN, if that's any indication. These little lights are designed to replace your old Cyalume® glow-sticks that die and get thrown away. These run on 2 AA batteries and will last for 50 hours before you need to replace them- they have a rotary ON/OFF switch so when you're done using them, you can shut it off, unlike the Cyalume®. versions. Water resistant to 150 feet (tested depth, but are designed for 500'+ of pressure). Made of super-tough polycarbonate, they are built to last. Available in 6 colors, six- count 'em! Green (the brightest), White, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Red, in order of brightest to least (which isn't dim by any means). Also, available as a 180° version that has Velcro on the other side so you can attach it to things- like your motorcycle gas tank, fender, bike, scuba tank (great markers!), dog, child, (don't use Velcro on your pets or children, please ) etc. Incidentally, the 180° version is brighter than it's 360° counterpart for all colors, with the Green Extreme 180° being the brightest. You can clearly see any of these from a block away in the dark. Fishermen have reported greater catches with these tied near the bait (used as a sinker). The normal Krill® that burn for 120 hours at a lower light output can be had for $23, rather than the usual $25, but for the difference in battery life v. light output, the Extreme version seems to win out. Quantity and availability is unknown at present due to the aforementioned reasons. Sale will continue or you may place a backorder and the sale price will be honored, until all backorders are filled. Free shipping is included with the Krills® as well as the Photons.

--------
Ordering Info:
Unfortunately, at present we do not accept credit cards. Money orders preferred, personal checks are accepted but will have a 5-day hold. Foreign orders: Money Order only, drawn in US funds, on a US Bank. MO/checks to be made out as follows:

Nor'east Knives
135 Hunts Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02861

For questions or further information, please email at:
[email protected]
--
Regards,
Tim
Nor'east Knives

There are two rules for ultimate success in life.
Never tell everything you know.

[This message has been edited by NEKPHOTON (edited July 04, 1999).]
Old July 18, 1999, 01:51 AM   #2
Jim V

I don't know how many of you guys/gals have seen the Photon II lights. I have owned one for over a year (white beam) that is my "always light" in that it is always with me. They are the handiest piece of equipment you could think of.

I have no connection with Tim, Nor'east Knives or the company that makes the lights other than I have ordered 3 more for spares.

Hell, send him the $20.00 for a light, you will like it.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Old July 18, 1999, 10:10 AM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

The photons are great...bright, durable and *really* long lasting.

Tim-
Look for my email order:
4 red
2 white
I keep giving mine away to envious friends.
Rich
Old July 18, 1999, 11:06 AM   #4
Morgan

Yep, I love 'em. So does my wife. I can't and she won't carry a flashlight all the time, but these little babys are now our keychains.

I'll probably have to get more soon, as my friends keep trying to steal them, too.
Old July 19, 1999, 06:11 AM   #5
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

I received a blue Photon II as a gift. I have used it quite a bit. I have played with it even more! (I can't get over how it lights up a far wall in complete darkness!)

I've also shown many, many disbelievers what a small flashlight SHOULD be! And all on the original batteries!

Photon II! Great for Christmas presents (and I doubt the prices will ever be THIS low again!).

My order will be in later today!

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited July 19, 1999).]
Old July 29, 1999, 09:09 PM   #6
Jim V

OK, you TFLers, if you did not order some of these lights, you have lost out. I sent a check, Tim held it and when it cleared, he sent the lights. Check cleared th 26th. I have my lights today, the 29th.

I am telling you, you OWE it to yourself to get at least one of thes lights. They are like a Swiss Army knife, at first you wonder why you bought it, after you use it a few times you feel naked with out one on your person.

Tim is a really good person to deal with.

LOL If you don't want the light, just send him the $20 and tell him to send ME the light as a gift.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited July 29, 1999).]
Old July 30, 1999, 09:19 PM   #7
Shutoku Shia

Thanks, Tim. I got the 3 photon lights I ordered from you plus the batteries ---- Tim, your customer service is outstanding! The time you took in explaining the pros and cons of various photon lights is highly appreciated. I wish all mail order firms offered service like yours. THANK YOU.

Shutoku

[This message has been edited by Shutoku Shia (edited July 30, 1999).]
Old July 31, 1999, 01:34 AM   #8
Rich Lucibella
Staff

I'll add my vote of confidence to Tim's business practices. Got my six Photons on Tuesday... they're going to envious friends fast.

This isn't my first deal with Tim. Certainly not the last. He's good to his word.
Rich
Old August 1, 1999, 11:18 AM   #9
NEKPHOTON

Well, guys- thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence! The sale cleared out most of the Krills and all but a few of the Photons, so there's a lot less to move! Thanks to all who participated. I'll probably have another offering in time for your holiday shopping, but for now, this sale is over. (If your order is postmarked by 7/31/99, I'll honor the prices of course.)

------------------
Regards,
Tim
Nor'east Knives
[email protected]

There are two rules for ultimate success in life.
Never tell everything you know.