The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 26, 2015, 05:34 PM   #26
Machineguntony

Has the OP purchased his first MG yet? How about some pics?

About four or five years ago, I purchased my first MG. I've evolved to the point where I now own belt feds, but I still remember my first buying experience.

If you have any further questions, please ask.
Old February 23, 2016, 10:56 PM   #27
cjsoccer3

Pull down your budget

Correct me if I'm wrong OP, but seeing 92 at the end of you name gives me the belief you are currently at 23 years of age.

Prices on machine guns are going up - so get one. Regardless of what you inherited; however, I would certainly abstain from a $37,000 machine gun. A gentleman last week on uzitalk got a Sten Mkiii and registered receiver M16 (fully transferable) for $12,500 total.

While that buyer effectively won the lottery, there is no handheld gun that costs 37,000 in NFA land. Additionally, I would try to find a very durable item, with lots of replacement parts, and use the surplus to invest in a property downpayment.

I say that because a downpayment will allow you to build wealth in a home and buy / have more later due to avoiding rent and being able to deduct interest (of which interest is incredibly low).

Buy a good conditioned Vector Uzi, a can, bunch of mags and replacement parts for ~$12,000 and invest the rest.

Sears are nice, but it's less metal the machinist can work with if something goes wrong...also some bolt riding issues, added gun smithing, etc. Go the receiver path

Tags
class 3 , full auto , machine gun , nfa