The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1
ycastane

Sig P220 .45 Custom Grips/Panels

I am researching this for a friend who owns this firearm and wants to get custom wood grips for his Sig.

I wanted to get some feedback as to the best places to get this from so i can forward it to him when i see him so he can make his choice. Thanks!!!
Old February 21, 2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Robk

Nill grips seem to be the grips of choice among many Sig enthusiaists. Glowing reviews from anyone who has bought them, and always command a premium above standard grips if you are selling your pistol. Couldn't go wrong with them.

Second choice would be Marschal grips. Also a wonderful product by many accounts.

Disclaimer: I currently do not have wood grips on any of my Sigs, but these are my only 2 choices if I do get them.
Old February 21, 2013, 10:50 AM   #3
ycastane

Thanks!!! I'll pass it along....
Old February 21, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Tactical Jackalope

One of my favorites guns and most carried as of late.

Just went to the Glock 17 yesterday cause I feel I want more bullets before I reload. Crap is getting nuts over here.

Anyways, what Rob said is about right. I don't have any wood grips on any gun other than my high-power. Which I don't carry O_O but if I were to get for my SIG I'd go with the aforementioned.
Old February 21, 2013, 02:06 PM   #5
lamarw

Here is My P220 ST with Nill Grips. Sig had a special a year or so ago at $99.00. I doubt you will find them this cheap again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg With Rail.jpg (127.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Sig P222 ST.jpg (156.4 KB, 39 views)
Old February 21, 2013, 04:15 PM   #6
chris in va

I managed to find Nill Griffe grips for my CZ 97b at Numrich. I'm blown away at the quality and close tolerances. Beautiful palmswell and ergonomics. As a bonus they were on clearance.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:15 PM   #7
ClydeFrog

Hogue, Craig Spegel, CT lasergrips...

I'd look at the Hogue line. Hogue was started by a retired LAPD officer, Guy Hogue. They provide wood & rubber grips to many vendors(Ruger Kahr/A-0/IMI S&W etc). The wood grips are well made & the rubber styles are functional for target/range use(s).
Craig Spegel of OR does wood grips too. He may do SIG Sauer models, check here; www.craigspegel.com . He's well known for J frame revolver boot grips.

CF
PS: A wood like CT lasergrip may be available, see; www.crimsontrace.com .