The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 30, 2013, 12:29 PM   #1
lamarw

Powder Valley Back-Orders

Powder Valley has announced on their web site that they are no longer accepting orders for back-order items. All orders previously accepted will be filled when stockgage becomes available. Glad I got my order in for small pistol primers; although I may not see them for sometime.
Old January 30, 2013, 03:03 PM   #2
serf 'rett

I'm just wondering if I'll see my LP primers, which showed to be in stock when I placed the order.

Anybody know how PV's order system work? Are items shown to be in stock automatically removed from inventory listing when an order is placed or removed from inventory listing when boxed and booted out the door. I certainly hope it's the first option, which means I have only another four weeks to wait. If the primers were already sold out, but still showing to be in stock, then I'll have to settle in for a LONG wait for the Russian Tulas.
Old January 30, 2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Shootest

Placed an order with PV 6 weeks ago and just got an invoice yesterday and it shipped today. It has been a long wait but there is now light at the end of the tunnel and my 6000 CCI pistol primers ( paid $26/K) will be here soon.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:10 PM   #4
lamarw

If the past holds true, you should get your order if placed prior to the item going out of stock. I received my Winchester large pistol primers last week.

Those of us who got orders in on back-ordered items (accepted by Powder Valley) should see our orders filled, ever how long, prior to Powder Valley accepting new orders for these items. In my case, it is Winchester small pistol primers.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5
dickttx

I ordered CCI LPP's and HP38 on Dec 30. Both were shown as in stock until a few days later. I received them IIRC on 1/22. Considerably longer time frame than normal.
They show on their site every day what days orders they are processing. They hit it right on the nose for shipping my order.
Old January 30, 2013, 08:48 PM   #6
bamiller

Received my order yesterday, 3+ weeks after placing it. Not bad considering the times.