The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 27, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Jason280

O/U experts, need help with Chinese shotgun...

I've posted this on a few forums, but I am kind of in a hurry to try and get this gun back up and running.

I recently picked up a Chinese/Norinco Model 6 12ga O/U, which is also marked "Clayco Sports LTD Clay Center, Kansas". I have no idea the age of the shotgun, but would guess at least 10-20 years. The problem I am having is, the hammer is missing for the top barrel. Here is a pic of the O/U without the stock:

Here is a pic from the right side of the trigger, which shows the hammer for the lower barrel:

Here is the other side of the receiver, which shows the lack of a hammer for the upper barrel:

All though I am not sure, it appears that everything is intact except for the hammer. I am hoping this gun is a basic clone of another shotgun, which would allow me to simply buy a replacement hammer. I have not been able to find any info on the gun, and cannot find any listing for parts. Do the internals look familiar to any other shotgun, which would allow me to possibly fit another hammer? I am hoping I don't have to fab up one, as I don't think the gun is worth it.

So, shotgun experts, please let me know what my options are. Also, please let me know if anything else is glaringly obvious that I may be missing. Thanks!