The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 22, 2013, 09:58 PM   #1
allaroundhunter

Aggie 3 Gunners, Collegiate 3-Gun Team

Howdy, everyone

A member recently asked me to create a thread about the 3 gun team that I shoot on, so here goes nothing.

We are the Aggie 3 Gunners, a student organization at Texas A&M University. We got started as a student organization about a year ago, and finally got all the kinks worked out and started shooting matches together this previous fall (2012). We are not an NCAA sanctioned sport (yet), and are one of the few collegiate action shooting teams outside of the military academies. Our main mission is to gain support on our campus to the action shooting sports, specifically 3 gun, and to draw people into the great and fun world of competitive shooting. We shoot at least one 3 gun match each month as a group, and individuals also go out and shoot other 3 gun, USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge matches on the side.

This past weekend we shot the Surefire Texas Multigun and had an absolute blast! We met some great people, made some awesome new friends, and hopefully planted the seed of a collegiate shooting team in the minds of some people in a position to get another one going!

We also have some amazing sponsors, and without them, we would not exist. A HUGE thanks goes out to each and every one of them:

Our ammunition sponsor, Freedom Munitions, has been incredible to work with. They are huge supporters of the shooting sports, and they do anything they can to get people interested in the sport. Without them, us college kids would not be able to afford to shoot.

DSG Arms came through big for us. As a student organization in a potentially hazardous sport, we are required to be covered by an insurance plan. When we were struggling to come up with the funds to pay for our insurance, DSG graciously covered it all. In addition to that, they helped us out by getting us going with some great competition belts!

Comp Tac has also been instrumental in our shooting. They have provided us with mag carriers as well as holsters. I will add that their products are top notch!

We have other sponsors as well, and we appreciate all that they do for us, but I don't think these thread have room for me to give each of them

For now, we are recovering from the Surefire match as well as preparing for Finals in the upcoming weeks. After that we will be going through pictures and videos from the Texas Multigun and I will post some up here.

If you want anymore information on it or have any questions, comment here, shoot me a PM, or go to a3g.tamu.edu.

Here is a picture from a match at Cawthon Cartridge Club near Millican, TX

Old April 23, 2013, 03:19 AM   #2
gnut

Thanks allaroundhunter. That was a good post. Keep us informed and good shooting.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Romans: 12:18

Never hit as long as you can maintain your honor and dignity. But never hit lightly. Teddy Roosevelt
Old April 24, 2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Jesse Tischauser

Nicely done!!!