The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 24, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1
RUGERSHOOTER46

Please Help

Want To Get Started Reloading,looking For An All In One Setup To Reload 45 Acp And 380,don Tknow Where To Start,can Anyone Give Me Some Tips On Who To See,best Prices Etc?
Old June 25, 2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Prince55

Sometimes you can find someone getting out of the sport / hobby and
get started pretty reasonable. You can always fill in with other used / new
pieces that you might not get in the original purchase.
Hopefully will save you some $$$.
Welcome Here.
Old June 25, 2008, 05:37 AM   #3
eme

If you have a local gun shop or local gun club, stop in and ask questions. Most shooters/reloaders will be glad to give you a little information on the subject. Another way is what you have already done, start reading different forums and asking questions. What is good for you, that's hard to say, I started with a Lee Turret press and loaded thousands of rounds for several years, until I picked up a Dillon progressive 550B press. The only complaint I had on the Lee was for every round produced it took something like 4 pulls of the handle, where as the Dillon or any other progressive press, once you get the first round out it only takes one pull of the handle for each round. A lot less pulls needed to produce the same amount. Good luck in your quest.
Old June 25, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Shoney

RUGERSHOOTER46: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

First order of business is to read
Sticky: For the New Reloader: Equipment Basics -- READ THIS FIRST
down from the top of the reloading page. You never have enough reloading books.

It would help us considerably to give good information if we knew more of your shooting habbits.

How many cartridges, of the two you mention, do you shoot in a week or a month or per year???

Do you have a budget??
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old June 25, 2008, 12:53 PM   #5
GuateShooter

Buy the lyman 48th reloading manual,
also in www.hodgon.com they have a interactive loading data, its very easy to use and have a lot of info.