The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 11:46 AM   #51
madmag

Value to fighting

Quote:
If we wait until an anti is nominated to replace a pro-Second Heller vote, we will already be behind the power curve when that fight comes.
Agreed. That's the major point. If we just say this is a done deal and wait for another day, then we lose our opportunity to let Obama know it will always be a fight when it comes to 2A rights. Whether they be Conservative or liberal, we need to flush out the 2A supporters now. We need to know where our non-supporters stand so we can do battle in the future.

Yes, small chance in stopping her nomination, but we will never know unless we try.
Old May 31, 2009, 01:04 PM   #52
Winterhawk56

Sotomayor is another right wing liberal! Suitor is right wing but not as bad as she! There is little you can say about this other than its another BAD RIGHT WING agenda from Obama and with this less that stellar person (Sotomayor) Obama will push his agenda! We need more than ever to stand up for our rights. I really do not think our founding fathers had this in mind when we began this GREAT NATION!
Make no mistake, this is the push the Democrats like Boxer, Feinstein and Schumer are waiting for not to mention Polocy! Being retire Military I am ashamed of what we are doing in the Government. One of the Primary reasons I retired 13 years ago was I no longer supported President Clinton. I was ashamed of him and when the military had to threaten active duty personnel with court martial for the rampant jokes (About CLinton) it was time to go! I made E-8 but chose to retired and not accept the next rank because of what we (military) had to tolerate from Clinton! Now we have Obama! He is the worst kind of Democrat! Liberal as they come, the only difference is "Like Adolf Hitler" he is a great speaker but hides his agenda, Hitler made no bones about his agenda!
If we as a people do not stand up for what is right to include our Constitution, We will be and possibly are in serious trouble! SotoMayor has been overruled in 10 of her 14 opinions! What do you expect from her if she is part of the Nations Highest Court!
Finally...What do you think Obama or Sotomayor want to do with our gun rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 31, 2009, 01:21 PM   #53
gc70

Quote:
another right wing liberal
Uhhh... I think right wing liberals are pretty rare.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:09 PM   #54
madmag

Quote:
Uhhh... I think right wing liberals are pretty rare.
Years ago....OK many years ago, I was out hunting and I took a shot at a right wing liberal. Those things are harder to hit than a rabbit running through a Briar patch! Not bad eating if you stew them 8 hrs or more to get the wild taste out.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:46 PM   #55
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Wow, this thread title is not the least bit melodramatic or reactionary.
How about, "Space Lizard disguised as Obama Declares War on America's Gun Owners with Supreme Court Pick Who Likes to Kick Puppies?"
Quote:
Sotomayor cannot be nominated without those pro-gun Democrats. Even in the event they decide their loyalties lie more to the party, they may be able to bring pressure on the Administration to make concessions to the NRA
I think there's something here, and I hope you're right.

Of course, many things are up in the air. I don't like most of what I've heard about Sotomayor or her record, but we don't know how much initiative she'll take. This promises to be a bitter confirmation fight, and if nominated, she may not want to make any waves for awhile. Souter himself turned out differently than expected.

She might accept (or find herself forced to accept) a more rational view of the 2A than she previously has. Heck, if Maloney makes it to SCOTUS, she'll have to recluse herself anyhow.
Old May 31, 2009, 07:45 PM   #56
Glenn E. Meyer

After a hard two days being a crew member in the 2nd Annual Multiclub Regional IDPA match in San Antonio - I return for a big Failure to Do Right!

Hitler! - what the oops!

I said we were to talk about her views on L and CR issues and not do the good ol' l ranting.

I appreciate some of the commentary - Bart, Maestro and Rampage - good comments.

But we are closed - can't recover from a Godwin penalty and the crucial points have been made. I did give it a second chance.

Glenn