The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 1, 2004, 09:04 PM   #1
pinkfloydman

15 and getting a FID card???

Ok the back round story is around 2 years ago i took a hunters/safty/gun course from my local wildlife department in massachusets...i would eventually have to retake the coarse over when i turn 15 so i can get my card...but a couple of weeks ago i got a letter staring that a new law has been passed and i dont have to retake the course...it also stated that on my 15 birthday i would be allowed to purchase hunting and fishing lisence and also make an application at my local police department to get my FID card...so my question is what will this FID card alow me to do???
Old October 1, 2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Hawgleg44

I think you'll have to check into the new laws. With the changes in the laws I know you can't get your Pistol Permit until you are 21 now. I got mine at 18.

I heard that you can't get an FID card until you are 18 now, but I'm not 100% sure of it. I'll try to look it up tomorrow and post what I find.

It is important to keep in mind the ISP reports show that firearm related homicides decreased 56% from 1994 to 1998.

From 1998 to 2002, firearm related homicides increased 48%. During the same time, firearm related accidental deaths have increased 200%.

Will work for ammo.