The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 18, 2002, 01:29 PM   #1
MTNTHUNDER

Buying a Glock in Colorado and need advice...

Hey all,

I'm looking at picking up a G22 .40 and I was wondering if anyone might know of where to get the best deal in Colorado? I live in Pueblo and the cheapest I can find the pistol around here is $500 + tax. I am going to be attending a Law Enforcement Academy in August and since I'm footing the $4,000+ for that I need to find my Glock around $400-$450 including tax. I don't mind going used as long as it's in good shape and has all the paperwork/magazines/case. I was thinking of running up to Colorado Springs and seeing what Speciality Sports could do, but when I bought my G17 they were the same price as every where else. ($499) Can anyone point me to a gunshop that might be willing to sell for a little less to a future LEO?

Thanks,

Rob
Old February 19, 2002, 07:23 PM   #2
valkyrie.rider

From my experience, your best bet is to buy off the net or try the gun shows. If you don't mind going to Denver, there is usually a good show every 2-3 weeks. If you want to buy from a shop, I would suggest you call Dave's guns in Denver. I haven't been by there lately, but they used to offer LEO discounts.
Old February 20, 2002, 12:48 PM   #3
asdaf

Look up Tom & Joe's Firearms in Wheat Ridge. He has a constant supply of refurbished ex-police Glocks and his prices make your range easily. Plus he is a top notch guy to deal with.
Old February 20, 2002, 02:02 PM   #4
TEXAS LAWMAN

KY IMPORTS

KY Imports, Louisville, KY told me this morning that they have used G-22 (Very Good, night sights, 10-round mag) for $390. You can purchase LEO mags for < $20 from numerous places (CDNN, Abilene, TX has them for $9.99--used factory demos, FML drop free).

KY has new G-22s for $480.00 (factory sights, 10-round mag) -- you are unlikely to appreciably beat these prices
Old February 24, 2002, 01:36 AM   #5
farranger

There's NEve's uniforms in Denver, they do a LOT of LEO business, talk to Dave, their Glock armorer, he's good people in the one transaction I've had with them. I also am in Pueblo, email me and maybe we can get together. Kyle
Old February 25, 2002, 10:37 PM   #6
USMC03

I would recommend Jeff at Speciality Sports in Colorado Springs for a Glock. Or you can wait until you are hired by an agency to see what they will let you carry. Some agencies like Denver PD only let you carry 9mm or .45acp, some agencies only let you carry certain models like the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office only 9mm Sigs and S&W auto are authorized.

I would suggest waiting to get hired before purchasing a firearm, for example you can get a LEO Glock at Neeves or Daves Guns in Denver on Department letter head for around $380 and this includes the Glock and 3 hi cap magazines. If you were to purchase the pistol now you will pay well over $500 and then have to purchase the mags at a later date. Just my .02

Semper Fi
Jeff
Old February 28, 2002, 12:48 AM   #7
Flip

Call Neve's at (303) 455-7000, talk to Mike Neve or Dave. Tell them you are in an LE academy and they will sell you the new gun for 422.33 (incl tax) with standard sights and 3 10-rd mags.

I have students of mine (in college academy) do it all the time.