The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 28, 2002, 01:31 PM   #1
September11

Inexpensive West Coast Ammo ???

I live in Portland, Oregon and have found good prices on several of the pages suggested here (nachez, amo man, ammo deal, etc) but most of them are on the eastern half of the country.
By the time I pay for shipping I am not saving any money!!
Anybody live in the upper left corner and find a good supplier?

thanks
Old January 28, 2002, 02:36 PM   #2
bjdealer

I just ordered (Jan 23) from BOTACH Tactical, in LA, I think.

Ordered a case of Isreali .45 ammo for $159.00 + $17 and change for ground shipping to Las Vegas.

NO joy YET!!!....the UPS tracking # they gave me was wrong (some other shipment, to Texas) and they have not responded to an e-mail.

Picked them for price....and recommendations of otheres here on TFL.

I'll let you know the outcome.
Old January 29, 2002, 01:11 AM   #3
Nanaimo Barr

http://www.northwestloading.com/

might have some of what you need.. and there in WA.....
Old February 1, 2002, 03:12 PM   #4
bjdealer

Sept11
Finally received my shipment of a case of IMI .45 ammo from BOTACH. This shipment went to Texas then hoem to Las Vegas, NV.
No comment from the UPS driver, he only delivers. BUT BOTACH's concern about missent shipment was abysmal. THEY DIDN"T CARE!! I sent 2 e-mails and 1 fax, I got back 1 cryptic message about "Sorry sent wrong msg".

Price was right, service sucked. Others commenting about BOTACH on 1911Forum.com calimed good service, so Pay your $$ and take your chances.
Old February 2, 2002, 02:53 PM   #5
PugetSound5

Well, I'm more or less in your corner of the woods (Seattle) and I bought .38 Special (Sellier & Bellot) & .357 (reload) ammo from Miwall Corp, they're in CA. Their price was very good and so is the quality, but you have to go through the rigamarole or faxing them a copy of your credit card and driver's license (or CCW). If the fax is too dark, they tell you and you have to fax it again. Not a great setup if you ask me. Anyway, the price was good and the service and shipping were prompt enough. The .357 was bulk and came in a nice metal ammo box at no extra cost.

None of these guys have good deals on everything and who you end up doing business with has a lot to do with who has the deals in the caliber you want. Ammoman has almost universally good feedback from its customers and it was my first choice, but in the calibers that I wanted (and at the time I looked) they didn't have any bargains and a very limited choice.

Generally speaking, I would not worry too much where the dealer is located in relation to your location. UPS will take a couple days more to deliver it, that's all.

PS5
Old February 4, 2002, 12:44 PM   #6
September11

Interesting feedback on Botachs... thanks
I have been able to locate a private individual here in Portland that sells his own handloads. He sold his entire stock at the latest gunshow so I am waiting for him to make a new stock. I hope it goes well... He sells boxes of 50 for $8.50. That beats almost all the mailorder houses after I pay for shipping. BTW, I found him through a chat group on Yahoo... it is orccw - Puget Sound, you may have similar luck looking for waccw or wafirearms...
Old February 6, 2002, 10:13 AM   #7
P7 Racer

give www.georgia-arms.com a try

I bought a huge lot from them last year. Very good ammo. No hassles. If you buy more than $500 you get free shipping. I did a large order with a bunch of friends. Also, if you can persuade someone with a FFL to purchase for you, you get an additional 10% off. I paid this guy half of the discount to get him to buy for me.
Old February 8, 2002, 03:50 AM   #8
Northwest Cajun

Drive down I-5 to Roseburg try Cascade ammo, They are online, but not sure of their address.

Cajun