The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 29, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1
fatrabbit

Send to dealer...

I want a Glock 19 Gen 4. Dealer doesn't have one. Any problem with ordering from
Glock and having it sent to my dealer? At least I'd get one... Any pros or cons? Thanks in advance. :-)
Old March 29, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2
kahrguy

Dout your dealer buys direct. Why not ask your dealer to look for one. Lipsey has two in stock now. One of the few wholsalers that let buyers check there stock. If they have them others will too. If your dealer is to lazzy to check with different wholsalers find a better dealer.
http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?m...mi-Auto+Pistol
Old March 29, 2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Pahoo

Should not be a problem, depending on your state

fatrabbit
Dealers deal with this kind of transaction, all the time. You will know how receptive yours is when you go in and ask him for a copy of his FFL, that should be signed and dated. Now, whomever you buy your gun from, you wil pay them, provide the FFL copy and they will ship to your dealer. Just make sure you have them clearly put you name on the shipping for your dealer clearly sees who it's for. This is the typical transaction say for purchases through GunBroker. ...

The above will vary depending on what state, you live in. ...

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!
Old March 29, 2013, 06:03 PM   #4
dogtown tom

Quote:
fatrabbit I want a Glock 19 Gen 4. Dealer doesn't have one. Any problem with ordering from
Glock and having it sent to my dealer? At least I'd get one... Any pros or cons? Thanks in advance. :-)
Glock, Inc doesn't accept firearm orders from the public.
Dealers order from distributors, who order from manufacturers.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old March 29, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Wreck-n-Crew

Try WWW.armslist.com and check the dealers in your area.
Old March 29, 2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Pahoo

It all depends

Quote:
Glock, Inc doesn't accept firearm orders from the public.
Dealers order from distributors, who order from manufacturers.
When I first read the OP's entry, I wondered about this as well. Then I think back and it depends on the circumstances. Some manufacturers will sell to private individuals, organizations or law enforcements. ...

Be Safe !!!
Old March 30, 2013, 10:12 AM   #7
kahrguy

LGS sells glock 19 gen 3's for 509 and gen 4 for 550 currently. Just find a responsible dealer and if a firearm is out there he can find it and sell for a less than retail price.
Old March 31, 2013, 07:59 AM   #8
Tactical Jackalope

Send to dealer...

I'd say search online and have it shipped to him. If you lived in Georgia (can't see cause I'm on my phone) you could swing by Glock over in Smyrna and see about picking one up.

Also check out www.duckcreekarmory.com