The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 6, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1
rc1988

Could I be damaging my Glock?

hey guys, i just have a quick question for you. I clean all of my weapons for the most part with break free clp and have been really impressed with the results over the years. I just have a question when it comes to cleaning my glock slide....When i clean my slide i wet a patch with a little break free and start wiping down the interior of my slide, i than take a tooth brush with just a DAB of break free and scrub it all down. I than make sure the take a dry patch and wipe it down BONE dry, i than proceeed to use one drop of hoppeds oil in all of the locations that is stated in the manual...So my question is, could i be getting exsessive oil in the firing pin channel? Again i dont use that much break free, and i make sure that i wipe it down till its dry... I havent had any malfunctions yet! Thanks for your input!
Old February 6, 2013, 07:24 PM   #2
wayneinFL

You won't damage it like that. It might get dirty. If you're worried about it, take the firing pin out and see if it's dirty. The slide comes apart easily enough.
Old February 6, 2013, 08:59 PM   #3
jaytothekizzay

Definately not gonna damage your glocks... ive been doin similar practice for years. As long as you dint shoot oil into firing pin hole u should be good. Maybe shoot it with some compressed air once un a while
Old February 6, 2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Babyfacenelson

I though glocks were invincible? O'well

As the others said, no you will mot damage your glock. What you're doing may be a little over kill for cleaning but it works