The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 18, 2012, 01:21 PM   #1
wpcexpert

Ruger 10/22 ITAC

Just picked up a Ruger 10/22 ITAC. Haven't fired it yet, opened the box looking at all the stuff. I found something in one of the bags that I can't ID.

It is a double cylinder looking thing, almost like a bore guide you would slip over the end of an automatic rifle. What is it???

I'll post pics and a range report after I Shoot the crap out of it...

When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wpcexpert; August 18, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old August 18, 2012, 07:14 PM   #2
wpcexpert

Off the Range

Well, I'll say that it shot better than I hoped for. I ran about 250 rounds thru her. I had a couple hang ups, but I figure with a good cleaning, it will do just fine. I like the way it handles.

I got the True Glow sighted in. At 50 yds, and the dot covering up the bullseye, the gun was shooting about a 2.5 in, 10 shot group. I bet I can do better with some good irons.

The rifle shot and cycled Remingtons better than the bulk Federals that I had. Those are the only two that I testd it with. But I'm very happy with the rifle.

Also, the barrel is threaded. All ready for the suppressor that is in the near future.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old August 18, 2012, 07:16 PM   #3
wpcexpert

Nobody Knows?

Does no one know what exactly the thing is in the top pictures?

I think its a muzzle bore guide for the large bull barrels but I don't know why it was in my box.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old January 4, 2013, 08:08 AM   #4
TDiddy81

I know this is an old thread, but if you haven't figured out what that is a picture of yet, It is to extend the but end of the stock.
Old January 30, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5
idahonick

Adapter used to drop the stock

This is an adapter used to drop the stock for a lower sighting plane.