The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 15, 2012, 12:01 AM   #26
FrankenMauser

Quote:
I have to go through all the cases I picked up at the range (most of them mine, but some others as well), and then go through them again. I put all the SPP brass in one bag, and then give it away.

But it pisses me off that I have to go through all that for no good reason.
You poor thing. It's just terrible, that you have inspect your FREE brass.
Old January 15, 2012, 10:18 AM   #27
Cascade1911

Thinking maybe I could get some small primmer 45 ACP cheap I did a little hunting. Of about four sites that offered sp vs lp cases three were the same price and one actually charged more for the small primers .
Another site just said "too bad, your going to get both, deal with it". They certainly were not the cheapest either.

So where is this cheap small primer brass? I have 300 sp cases now (Cheyenne Brass stiffed me even after I asked if it was all lp and then wanted me to pay the shipping back so the could replace it (after I spent time sorting it). Cheyenne was overpriced as well. Don't deal with Cheyenne Brass! Actually, Cheyenne does offer sp for less but still overpriced, $62/ 1K w/o shipping. AND you won't know shipping till after you order and let me tell you, it will be more than you think (don't remember exactly but it was over $20 for 1000 45's).
Old December 19, 2012, 02:18 PM   #28
trixter

Does anyone make a tool to change small primer to large primer hole?
Old December 19, 2012, 07:23 PM   #29
tkglazie

I cherish every piece of SPP .45 brass I get. Please, if anyone wants to get rid of theirs, PM me and I will send some flatrate USPS boxes to you so you can send them to me. When the next LPP shortage occurs I will happily dip into my supply of SPP .45 cases and shoot away.
Old December 19, 2012, 07:30 PM   #30
m&p45acp10+1

I have a 3 pound coffee can full of them. I have small primers. I save them for when I am going to a place where I know I will not be recovering my brass. I load them the same as the large pistol loads. They shoot the same.

I have seen several head stamps on them.

Win Clean
Win L-F
Blazer Brass
Federal N-T

If I remember right I saw a few with R-P head stamps that were nickle cased with small primers. (Could be wrong.)
Old December 19, 2012, 11:41 PM   #31
reloader28

I run into a few once in a while, but not enough to bother with.
I just throw them all away so I dont have to screw with them.