The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old October 30, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1
akinswi

arisaka type 99 scope base

Was hoping somebody could point me in right direction for a scope base for my type 99 7.7 jap rifle. It is already drilled and tapped for scope base just need to know what scope base to get.. somebody else had one on the rifle before me. It has 3 holes.. 2 in the front of the recv and 1 in the back it already drilled and tapped, im assuming it would have to be a 1 piece mount due to only 1 hole for the back. i would include picture but the file size was too big.

thanks
Old October 30, 2012, 12:28 AM   #2
tahunua001

usually uploading to photobucket converts them to postable size, always worked for me...

.. but to the problem at hand. have you tried redfield/leupold? they make a majority of the 1 piece mounts out there and so far and the only ones I know that still make them for VIMBAR type rifles.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:37 AM   #3
akinswi

Midway has one listed for jap 7.7 but picture shows 4 holes on mount not 3 now i dont know if that is actual representation of the product or not, its a weaver base style.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:41 AM   #4
akinswi

attachments

and nope everytime I try to upload to photo bucket says max size of photo can be 244kb, which is a crap photo, this is hd photo so you can actually see the dang recv.
Old October 30, 2012, 11:51 AM   #5
tahunua001

would you say this might be the one?

the one at midway says it fits both the arisaka and remington 600/xp100 so a search for those models brought up this little fella.

there is also this one thats a little lower profile.
Old October 30, 2012, 11:55 AM   #6
akinswi

i bought the one at midway, if doesn't work oh well it was only 9.95. Just add it to the mount of collection of accessories I have.
Old October 30, 2012, 08:31 PM   #7
James K
Member In Memoriam

If that base doesn't work, I suggest taking the rifle to a gun shop or a gun show where you can find a variety of bases you can try for fit. Remember that the Arisaka, unless the bolt handle has been turned down, will require an offset scope of some kind or one mounted ahead of the bolt handle.

Jim
Old October 30, 2012, 09:28 PM   #8
Mike Irwin
Staff

Problem is, there's simply no way of knowing exactly when that rifle was drilled and tapped, so the base that was originally on it could be a model that has been out of production for decades.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.