The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 28, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Join Date: July 24, 2012
Posts: 19
Punch and choke wrench?

I bought a used 1187 Premier trap and need to clean it. Can someone tell me what is the correct punch size to remove the two pins holding in the trigger group? Where can these be bought? Also It has a choke that needs to come out, not sure what brand, I think I need a universal choke wrench to remove it but I'm not sure again where to find these wrenches. I was thinking maybe their are some other tools that can be used instead of an actual punch that I have laying around that might do he job but dont want to risk scratching anything. Thanks
customf1 is offline  
Old July 28, 2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: December 6, 1999
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Posts: 6,004
You can buy an inexpensive Remington choke tube wrench at almost any gun shop. Tell them the model of your gun.

I've knocked the trigger pins out of Remingtons with golf tees, BIC pens and almost anything that would fit, including a dull nail punch. I haven't scratched one yet.

johnbt is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2017 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.06539 seconds with 9 queries