The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old July 26, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Brodady

New purchase, Sig M400

I picked up a new Sig Sauer M400 at Wally World last week for $917, after the lovely perp walk, (which in all honesty, doesn't really bother me) we (my father, the rifle, and I) headed home and I opened the box like it was christmas morning. It came stock with the OD green magpul moe furniture and an ambi mag release, it's a carbine length gas system, but I don't foresee myself putting enough rounds through it to really make the supposed downfalls of the carbine length system show.

We have not yet taken it to the range, but there are plans in place to do so within the next few weeks. I will try to put at least 200 rounds of varying brands through it, I read that PMC bronze is a high quality "value" cartridge to shoot, and any suggestions on some good "break in" ammo for her? (the rifle). I will post pics when I get access to a computer, I will also post a range report after I shoot it.

And for those who aren't familiar with the sig m400s or didn't catch on, it's an ar15
NRA youth member
Old July 26, 2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Mrgunsngear

Congrats on the purchase; let us know how it works out on the range. On of the only ARs that didn't run properly in my experience was the M400 but that was a while ago; hopefully they worked the kinks out and yours runs like a top!
Old July 26, 2012, 09:26 PM   #3
cannonfire

Pictures or it didn't happen
Old July 26, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Marquezj16

Congrats!

Get some Lake City 62 gr ammo from Federal. Shoot 5.56.
Old July 26, 2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Brodady

@cannon fire, Ill have access to a computer tomorrow or the next day, just hang in there for me okay?

And thanks guys, I'll keep you posted, and I'll check out that lake 62gr.
NRA youth member
Old July 26, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Marquezj16

You can buy the Federal in 20 rd box so you can try it out and see if your rifle likes it. If it does, buy the bulk packs.

Tags
ar15 , black rifle , m400 , new rifle , sig sauer