The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 28, 2011, 05:10 PM   #1
hoytinak

light weight, fairly tough, .22lr suppressor?

Haven't been on here in a while and starting a new project so I'm just starting my research. I'm putting together a light weight, .22lr (built off a Savage MKII) that I would be a suppressor host. I used to have an Outback II but this time I'm looking for something I can actually clean with ease. So what all new .22lr suppressor are out there that yall'd suggest? Doesn't have to be the quietest, but would like it to be light weight, fairly tough (think truck gun) and since it's just going on a bolt gun it doesn't need to be full-auto rated.
Old December 28, 2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Redneckrepairs

I have been researching my first can purchase myself , and as far as ease of cleaning goes i haven't seen anything that equals the sparrow .

http://www.silencerco.com/?section=P...s&page=Sparrow
Old December 29, 2011, 07:38 AM   #3
rjrivero

I agree with redneckrepairs. The Sparrow is probably it. It does have a little bit of a first round pop but is oh, so easy to clean.
Old January 6, 2012, 08:45 PM   #4
HotGuns

The best deal going is the Huntertown Arms. They are user servicable and can be had for around 220 bucks, but I have seen them as cheap as 185. Compared to the Sparrow or a Gemtech they all sound the same.
Old January 8, 2012, 07:42 PM   #5
benfishin

.22 Suppressor

I love my sparrow! It completely disassembles with your fingers, the registered part is the external tube (meaning the internal parts can be repaired/replaced without NFA hassle), it can be cleaned in a dip (all but the external tube) and it is quiet. You won't be sorry.