The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 30, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1
johnincolorado

Please help me in defending my home against bears

Hi all,

I just bought a new house in Colorado as I am in retirement and got a good deal on it. Little did I know that the house gets visited very often by very large bears.

During the first incident where two large bears were outside (the first day I moved in), they knocked over my car. I then pointed my P226 out the window and fired upon the bears. Well, that seemed to make them really angry and they charged up the front steps. I eventually found myself on my roof and the bears stampeded through the house for hours. My cell phone was in the house and I could not do anything but wait until they went away.

I am at an impass. These bears seem bulletproof and I just dont know what to do. Can anyone here give me some useful suggestions? All input welcome.
Old September 30, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
pax

Cute - but not appropriate here. Please re-read the forum rules before posting again.

Thanks.

pax
Closed Thread