The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 17, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1
import-ant

Glock trigger work

What am I missing? I spoke to two different gunsmiths who told me it wouldn't do any good to do a trigger job on my glock 23, because of the design of the gun. I wanted the trigger reduced from 5.5 to 3.5lb and maybe smoothed and shortened up if possible. I don't understand why I got so much resistance from both. First guy ultimately terminated the call saying he didn't like working on glocks. Had to make the second guy order the 3.5lb kit necessary to do this. What's the problem? To me 5.5lb is a brick wall in competition. What's the deal?
Old July 17, 2010, 04:50 PM   #2
elad

Have a look here at the Glock Forum
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...ht=g23+trigger
Old July 20, 2010, 05:54 PM   #3
booker_t

This may have been posted before, but this was the most recent thread I've seen regarding Glock trigger work, and the video is fairly new (uploaded June 30 2010), so here goes..

This is by far the absolute best video guide to "25-cent" Glock trigger polishing I've seen, using a Gen 3. It's a 5-part series (about 50min total) that also includes some other information along the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-heM9f_N4aA