The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 24, 2009, 12:38 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Magnetic shotgun frontsights

Looking for a front sight and seeing quite a few of these.
Hunting gun, not competition.
How well would on work? Seems to me they could get knocked off, slide around the barrel, etc pretty easily.
Old December 24, 2009, 01:54 PM   #2
jmr40

I have the fiberoptic sights on one of my shotguns. I don't know if they are really a help or not, but I don't have any trouble picking up the sights in dim light when duck or turkey hunting. Mine are magnetic and have never came off after 2-3 years of use. If they do I still have the bead and they are not too expensive to replace.
Old December 25, 2009, 10:45 PM   #3
reloader28

I bought a used 870 that is my primary hunting gun now, and it came with some kind of fiber optic sight that is awesome. Never comes off. It goes over the bead on front.

A friend bought one that looks like mine, but it wouldnt stay on his gun without black tape.

I love mine tho I dont know what kind it is. Its kinda fat. I sure pick up the targets fast without even thinking about it.

My turkey gun came with a set of fiber sites, but I'm going to replace them with a better set in the spring.
Old December 25, 2009, 10:51 PM   #4
noyes

I put one on , took it off the same day. Draws your attention to the bead instead of the target.