The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 19, 2009, 11:39 AM   #1
WEAPON SHIELD FLA

Weapon Shield

Weapon Shield is being distributed by Steel Shield Technologies of Fort Lauderdale throughout SoFla. Call your local gun shops and request it. It will be in stores soon. For those of you who have used it please share all of your experiences with it, good or bad, on the forums
Old November 19, 2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Without some kind of discussion of Weapon Shield products, this is just spam. In fact, it's already been reported as spam once today. On the other hand, firearm lubricants and corrosion inhibitors are a big part of what we talk about here . . . . so, has anyone here got anything to say about Weapon Shield? I've never used the stuff myself.
Old November 19, 2009, 04:51 PM   #3
hoytinak

As I've in several post alot different firearm oils.

"Weapon Shield is all I've used in years. I've used it in all types of climates and terrain all over the world and it's never failed me."

&

"I myself have used Weapon Shield on my last 5 deployments on my M24, M4, M9 and M2's and loved it. Great product!"
Old November 19, 2009, 06:28 PM   #4
sholling

I use Weapons Shield and Break Free exclusively on my weapons. It's very good stuff. It's also a bear to find so I know I can forgive this "informational post".
Old November 19, 2009, 06:34 PM   #5
rgates

There are a LOT of threads on here about Weapon Shield and I've posted in most of them. Great stuff. All my firearms never worked better and smoother and much easier to clean. It's all I've used for a long time now except for Sweets that I use for heavy copper fouling. I usually just call Steel Shield and order it from them.

www.weaponshield.com
Old November 19, 2009, 07:10 PM   #6
LHB1

Weapon Shield is an EXCELLENT product! It is a combined cleaner, lubricant, and preservative although I use it primarily as a lubricant. It has replaced all other firearm lubes for me and I use it exclusively in my Wilson Combat 1911's, S&W revolvers, Browning O/U shotguns, and Win rifles. All my guns seem to operate smoother than ever. Weapon Shield was developed by George Fennell who also developed FP-10 some years ago. It is supposed to be an improved successor to FP-10. More info can be obtained directly from George if desired by contacting him at:
[email protected] or checking out their website at:
www.weaponshield.com

Weapon Shield may be ordered direct from them since it is not yet widely available in local stores. Please excuse this shameless plug. I have no connection with the company except as a highly satisfied customer.

Last edited by LHB1; November 19, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old November 19, 2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Ifishsum

I've used it for a year or two (George kindly sent me a sample to get me started) and I really like it. I mostly use it as a lubricant also but I think it's good stuff. Midway carries it, in fact I just got another bottle from them a week ago.
Old November 19, 2009, 08:08 PM   #8
JAYBIRD78

+1 to the above.

I still use Hoppes #9 first or if I have copper I use a copper solvent. Other than that I use it 99% of the time (still have a 1/4 bottle of the other guy's stuff).

Use with complete confidence.
Old November 21, 2009, 11:03 AM   #9
ClarkEMyers

I use it, the free sample sold me but since I bought a quart it'll do for a while.

I use it, the free sample sold me but since I bought a quart it'll do for a while.

I do use other products for heavy cleaning and protection.

The smith on my carry gun said FP10 and I credit the reports that WeaponShield is as good as FP10 and better.
Old November 21, 2009, 09:43 PM   #10
seed

George Fennell started FP-10, but then left that company which then changed the formula to a much inferior formulation compared to the original...which was awesome in all regards. I researched lubes a lot back in the day and the old FP-10 consistently came out way on top for lubricity...nothing was close. When it came to corrosion protection, there were some others which were as good, but were not nearly as good of lubes. I did my own corrosion testing and confirmed this.

Again, this was the old FP-10...not the new junk. Well, Fennell started Weapons Shield which he says is even better than the old FP-10. Hard to imagine, but I believe him. He knows what he is doing (for those interested, you can dig up some old threads here from 2002 where he lays it all out...good stuff, and entertaining as well. You'll see what I mean if you find them).

So I can say that I am an absolute quality freak and very hesitant to fully endorse any product without reservation. Weapons Shield is one of those products. I should mention that it also has no solvent but does have solvent capabilities. Therefore it is of minimal toxicity and it smells cinnamon-ey good.
Old November 22, 2009, 09:04 PM   #11
rduckwor

VEry good stuff. All I have used for a couple of years now and I highly recommend it to all.

Was difficult to locate for a while due to demand in the theaters, but you can order direct from the manufacturer now.
Old November 22, 2009, 10:04 PM   #12
espnazi

From the reviews this product seems great. I was browsing their online store and saw they have a great deal of products. They have 128oz of weapons shield for $149 but they also sell something called Tool shield for $78 for the same amount of product.

now the description for tool shield says its for a piston driven or rotary type of tool which exactly what a gun is. Would you think there using the same formulation for these 2 products but just selling one cheaper?
Old November 23, 2009, 12:28 AM   #13
Ben B

WS = Works fine, has a nice cinnamon smell.
Old November 23, 2009, 04:32 AM   #14
armoredman

I ditched most of my other cleaner/lubricators and use Weapon Shield exclusively, works great. Even made a little poster for them when I got my free sample bottle some time ago.

Old December 3, 2009, 07:21 PM   #15
rgates

???
Old December 3, 2009, 07:51 PM   #16
LHB1

Was poster Samana smoking loco weed when he/she posted above?