The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 14, 2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Maddog2020

Sears Roebuck Model 1 22cal or Winchester Model 121

My name is Barry and I would like to disassemble the bolt from this weapon so I can re-blue only the parts that were blued to begin with. It is not intuitive.

There are 2 snap rings (or Jesus clips as my father used to call them.. lol) in which I've removed already. The biggest snap ring is directly in front of the safety lock cylinder that rotates around the bolt (handle). The second is smaller and located at the very back of the bolt where a headless screw runs down the center of the bolt assembly. I can now rotate in both directions now, but neither seem to buy me anything.

Does the actual bolt handle unscrew from the bolt assembly? If so, then the the safety lock cylinder could slide forward enough to disengage itself from the back cylinder which it rests against and then possibly allow further disassembly.

Can anyone help? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old July 15, 2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Goatwhiskers

Not certain as I don't have one in front of me, but it appears that the head of the bolt may be removable which would allow the striker to come out the front of the bolt. This in turn would allow the bolt handle to come out, as it appears to be held in by the striker. Of course, it also appears that removal of the first C-clip would have allowed the cocking piece and safety to slide off to the rear. Take your time and you'll see how it's done. Goat