The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 7, 2009, 11:27 PM   #1
Crankylove

Rossi Model 62 SA Parts

Gentlemen, I am wondering if anybody out there knows where I might find a trigger for a Rossi 62 SA pump action .22 rifle. The one on my rifle is worn enough that it no longer alows for proper follower function, and I am hoping to replace it. The rifle was imported by Interarms in the early to mid 80's I believe, and is marked Amadeo Rossi S.A., and Interarms, Va. The gun really isn't worth much aside from sentimental value, its one of the guns I learned to shoot with and has given quite a bit of fun over the years, but would like to repair it if at all possible. So, if any of you learned forum goers happens to know where one may be had, or if you have parts you may wish to make a deal on, all info would be appreciated.
Old May 8, 2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Bill DeShivs

I would think parts from the discontinued Taurus model would be the same. Contact Taurus.
Old May 8, 2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Crankylove

Already tried the Taurus route, they wont send any parts to me, want me to send it to the factory, so they "can try and fix it, but no promises, since that model is no longer made", and the trigger for the Taurus pump was just different enough not to work in the Rossi without a fair amount of smithing, if I could find one of those. I have though about pricing one out of a local machine shop, my brother does have a good trigger is his Rossi to use as a template, but that may run me more than a new rifle I have googled the crap out of it, and the parts stores that have that model rifle listed, are no longer stocking parts for it.......so it may just end up a parts gun for my brother.
Old May 8, 2009, 10:22 PM   #4
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Already tried the Taurus route, they wont send any parts to me, want me to send it to the factory, so they "can try and fix it, but no promises, since that model is no longer made", and the trigger for the Taurus pump was just different enough not to work in the Rossi without a fair amount of smithing, if I could find one of those.
Yep. The Taurus route has been thoroughly exhausted by my father, little brother, myself, and Crankylove. We are not willing to send the rifle to them, and they are not willing to send our gunsmith (or us) the part(s).

Quote:
I have though about pricing one out of a local machine shop, my brother does have a good trigger is his Rossi to use as a template, but that may run me more than a new rifle I have googled the crap out of it, and the parts stores that have that model rifle listed, are no longer stocking parts for it.......so it may just end up a parts gun for my brother.
As noted above... we have been trying to bring this rifle back to life for almost 10+ years now. (Two ignorant gunsmiths kept modifying the follower and extractors; rushing too much to figure out the trigger {acting as a follower stop} was actually the problem.)
We're to the point now, that we pretty much just want a rifle or original parts.

The last-ditch-effort will be having a new trigger machined, or the original modified and machined.

So... anyone feel like pulling that "piece of ****" Rossi out of the closet and helping us out?
Old May 9, 2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Slopemeno

Did you try Gun Parts Corp?
Old May 10, 2009, 12:28 AM   #6
Crankylove

Quote:
Did you try Gun Parts Corp?
Yep, a few times. Actually got lucky last nite, my brother was on thier website and they had a trigger for a Model 62 Winchester (used) in-stock, that i ordered, should be here in a few days. According to various sources (mostly magazine articles), the Rossi 62 SA was reverse engineered from the Winchester 62 A. From what my bother and I have gathered in our research/parts search, the Winchester trigger could require minor fitting to work..................or may just drop in, coin toss I guess. Hopefully it will work, as I said before, the gun isn't really worth much, but it is fun to shoot, and has been with us since we first pulled a trigger.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:58 AM   #7
Bill DeShivs

I would like to find one for myself. They are neat little guns.
Old May 10, 2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Crankylove

They are quite fun. Nothing at all fancy about them, just simple and fun. My Rossi pump is the rifle version (about a 23" barrel), my brother has the Gallery version, which I believe has about a 16 1/2" barrel, the lucky b**tard Really hoping the Winchester trigger will work, even with a little modification, its just not as much fun to shoot it as a single shot.
Old May 10, 2009, 01:51 PM   #9
Slopemeno

They're great fun. A firend of mine has one, and we spent a weekend camping and went through a brick of .22 CB longs. Quiet, light, and accurate.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:30 PM   #10
cornbush

The winchester trigger works great, several dozen squirrels can bear testamony to flawless function of a fun little pump brought back to life!!!!!
Old May 17, 2009, 11:07 PM   #11
FrankenMauser

Quote:
The winchester trigger works great, several dozen squirrels can bear testamony to flawless function of a fun little pump brought back to life!!!!!
Also a butterfly, and a bumble bee.

What the future holds, one can only guess.....